Sign in to follow this  
dochollidayxx

Call Support (5-1) Missing Options

Hello all, I'm relatively new to ArmA 3 mission making, and while I've had a lot of luck with my latest bout, I'm having a strange issue that I wasn't having a few missions ago...

I started adding some support assets attached to the "support" waypoint (ie ambulance, refuel, etc) but on the 5-1 support menu for my soldier there are NO options listed, you know the ones "Medic" "Refuel" "Rearm" etc. Any idea why they don't exist? I tried a simple blank mission with *just* support assets/waypoints/player and still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trawling the forum for hours, and while there are many intelligent people who discuss overriding the menu with custom options, hooking up 0-8 menu, etc. I'm just looking for an answer as to why the 5-1 "Call Support" menu is empty. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Further testing:

Adding single player unit (any type) and the 5-1 Support Menu remains blank.

Adding 2 or more units (as group) with group leader as player then the 5-1 Support Menu is full.

If other units die during mission, player's 5-1 support menu turns blank again...

Oh the support menu? Yeah, you might want to revisit Arma 2s artillery tutorial for that, that's the only time it's been used properly. But really though, you'll probably be best of using the new Support Modules instead of relying on a waypoint that's been around for eternity and probably doesn't work the way it should.