Sign in to follow this  

I've created a mission but it's momentarily pausing/sticking for a fraction of a second every so many frames. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know how to fix it? I've not come across this issue before. It only seems to be with this one mission. The RPT doesn't point to anything obvious and I've debugged the scripts. Maybe it's objects I've copied over from an older mission that are now incompatible with the new updated version. Can anyone help me out because it's driving me mad.

Cheers Ian

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Hmmm... It seems Wiki's Altis Air base is the cause. Deleting the many items on the airbase seems to have remedied the sticking. It seems having to many objects in a mission has an adverse affect on gaming performance.

Noticed that too, playtested a few MP missions and opened them in the editor, some of them have more than 800 objects just decorating the main base, did a few counts and there's 20-ish campfires (all lit of course) 44 fire extinguishers and more than 100 water bottles etc.

While it's nice to look at it's extremely hard on server fps too, even when simulation disabled on those objects.

When you really need that many objects make sure to hideObject them or even better spawn/delete them depending on player distance, yields the best performance.