Sign in to follow this  
EchoFive USMC

Hey bis, we need the eye!

Cut/Paste from a message during the most recent All Seeing Eye patch install:

GlobalOps demo, Gore, Neverwinter Nights, OpFlash Resistance and America's Army don't have public master servers, hence they will not be supported unless the developers add direct support for All-Seeing Eye. This is a free service to game developers, it's up to you to let the developers know what the number one browser is.

i odnt know much about the eye or net codes. but here is what i think. sence we had Direct play the game was really laggy but sence it has been switched over to sockets which imporves game play it will be much better so what would you reather have seeing games on the eye and having lag or using GS and have alot less lag. cant have your pie and eat it too confused.gifwink.gif but maybe if your lucky you might have the options of switching between direct play and sockets

i wasnt talking about GS. but all i think GS is is just a place to find players because if you wanna connect to the host after you have luanched you need the host IP address so i dont thin GS really has anything to do with the game after launch

Lets stay on subject here. BIS, CM, whoever made this decision, it was a bad call. Please allow support for the Eye, as it is a superior product to Gamespy.

Yeah, I have to admit that I'm a bit puzzled by your complains...in-game browser seems fine to me confused.gif

Admittedly, I only played 1.60 online (and connected through in-game browser) while playing Resistance on a mate's server, and I have no complains whatsoever confused.gif I didn't see any adverts either confused.gif

Oh, and the All Seeing Eye DOES support OFP! I had 300 odd servers to choose from, although I think those were 1.46 one's, not 1.60.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ July 05 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ingame server browser in Resistance works fine. <span id='postcolor'>

True...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really don't understand what you're all complaining about. <span id='postcolor'>

Ah! Two words: buddy list

And BTW, there is a crude way to circumvent de ingame browser and use still ASE untill JK comes out of his coma. Read up about it on the ASE forum:  Find it at Feature Requests.