Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

VoIP Issues since last updates

Why is everyone in game complaining about the VoIP being ruined and in game it has made it unplayable for me with the side channel and other channels breaking up of voice etc. Yet no one is posting greatly here ? Every server everyone is moaning about it which won't fix it.

Posting here does not get it fixed either. Place a bug report on the feedback tracker or reply on an existing bug report that describes the problem you described.

Good point, uninstalling. Will keep my eye on the forums in case they fix it as it could just be me with the issue so will not, will make sure everyone knows how poor the voip in game is so they can avoid too.

Yeah I've never seen the issue in Arma before where some people come in clearly, and others have an annoying sound skip/stuttering. For example, someone can say "Hello" clearly and it takes 2 seconds, but a person with stutter will say "Hello", it will stutter and say like "He.. ll.. o", and take about 4 seconds to finish. Thus bug has clearly been added in Arma3. If anything it'd be good to make a support ticket for it.

From my experience in networking it looks to be around packet prioritisation, normally I would say QoS issues but as its effecting only certain folk on a server then it shouldn't be as that would be looking at the type of rtp or string for voice packet only. Move the app prioritisation of voice up or look where it has been code effected and you find the problem.

I really don't understand how hard it is to recreate, just join any server and talk... Mainly effect blue side however the bullet form me was it impacting command and being team leader meant my game was ruined, impossible to play co-op.

Appears to still exist in the latest 'update'...

I really don't understand here, every server I have joined everyone is complaining about the VoIP yet the votes for the issue is very low??? Do people think it will fix itself?