Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

arma2OA + all DLC 1.63 patch fail

arma2OA + all DLC 1.63 patch fail

ok i just made the leap of faith, as the new patch sounds like it has a lot going for it.

so i uninstalled my fully functioning 1.62 and installed 1.63 using steam.

Having a lot of prior experience with steam problems with A2OA I noted down the process here:

http://www.gitsclan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6732

so it all worked up to the point when it came time to run OA. OA was throwing errors a lot to do with keys (application load errors and invalid form session keys) and steam repeatedly warned me that the game was about to ask me for my keys (even though i had already entered them into steam)

then it all worked after running each game once, i followed that process 3 times in a row loading each game once, and then after the third time = no more errors.

BUT

1. the squad xml URL line is gone from the profile menu

2. when i start a game in LAN mode it works fine but in internet mode it freezes the game and i have to kill it with task manager.

not tried any servers yet.

my firewall has already registered the new games and allows all traffic, and there are no pop-ups from it, so it isn't that,

maybe it's battle-eye?

has anyone else got the ability to run an MP game on the internet fro mtheir own PC using 1.63?

Yea egg the squad URL missing is really annoying.....

(don't get my cool emblem on my vehicles...)

didn't try to host a session online jet..... we manage to get or dedi's to work (coppying A3 configs and setting new ports)

but i'll try it later if it works i'll tell you!

UPDATE: okay manage to start up a host from my PC and it works (note i loaded one of BIS senarios so...)

does it freese when you start it up? or is it when you launche a mission?

KBBW [~EW~]

Edited by KBBW123

when i select MP, New, internet, then click start... it hangs, no error, never terminates.

right so i updated CBA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

and ran the game with no other mods in admin mode and it worked!

BUT loads of me mods are no longer able to run without this locking-up error happening.

am working through them now slowly trying to isolate the problem.

it seems to be the length of the command line made by steam when you select a lot of mods in the expansions list. it's ok up to maybe 5 mods then it dies.

you can click away on them in expansions and they load up as a client but when you go to mp/host new/ internet BANG! locked up game.

i tried using in steam command line -par=d:\@modfiles\takistanmods.txt

and the par file lists the mods there but then arma 2 doesn't load up only OA with the mods included.

when i tried including the arma 2 path as a mod it totally boned the loading process - pixelshader error then CTD

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

ok it doesnt appear to be the foldername length after all

may be the pbo cfgpatch classname length?

i can get it to load a lot of mods maybe 6 folders

then whatever mod i choose as number 7 the game crashes when i start MP server

can anyone repro it maybe?

add 10 mods by selecting them in expansions

then start MP/new/LAN - works ok, then MP/new/internet - game freezes

take 1 mod out at a time until it works

then add back any 1 mod and it fails

including if you use a mod you already showed worked ok

Edited by eggbeast

ok another day grinding away trying to work out what the hell happened in 1.63 with 6+ mods

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

support ticket into BIS support@bistudio.com

Hi there

I have some pretty fundamental problems installing arma 2 + OA + all DLC.

I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit and have

uninstalled my fully working combined ops with bought DLC (PMC, ACR, BAF)

then added my games to steam using the steam add game option and entering my keys

then I exited steam and ran it as administrator

and installed A2 and ran it once

then installed OA and ran it once

the ni installed BAF and ran it once

and installed PMC and ran it once

ACR seemed to install automatically

NOTE: there were some pop up errors during DLC install:

steam error window: application load error: 5:00000065434

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/steam2_zps7e0e21cc.jpg

and invalid key message in steam

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/steam3_zps2b9ee7f4.jpg

Ok so the game was working, and I could see all the maps (utes, bystrica and takistan as example) and factions listed in editor

BUT I could not run more than say 5 mods on internet setting without the game locking up

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/steam4_zpsadd379a9.jpg

so I thought maybe the mods were breaking the game. I tried adding and removing them one at a time. I then realised that it was just the number of mods causing the game to freeze.

I could run MP/new/LAN/start with as many mods as I wanted and it would load

But when I tried MP/new/internet/start

After a certain number of mods it froze as above

So I looked closely at the installation.

With Dwardens help I ran verify integrity on

A2 – 1 file replaced

OA – 4 files replaced

BAF – ok but 65434 error popped up as above

PMC ok

When I ran anything OA, PMC, BAF it came up with

ACR window popup: !!!!MISSING STRING

And now A2 and ACR is missing from the list in the game menu and no maps from them in editor

I have tried to uninstall the DLC and verify but it just repeats now

ACR window popup: !!!!MISSING STRING

And I cannot uninstall ACR – it says missing log file.

Please can you help me

Thanks

ok it seems that if you install to a steam library that is not your main steam library you get these errors installing!

i just installed them to steam folder and it all works ok.

shame that this folder is on a very full HDD so i cannot keep arma on there.

will speak to tech support and see if they can fix steam files.

ok files sent to tech support.

meanwhile i've deleted all my game files again and delted the new steamlibrary i made on D drive and i'm trying again only this time calling the new steamlibrary "d:\steam\"

as i have a hunch that BIS scripts that install ACR may not work with the default new library path made by steam called "steamlibrary"

p.s. i'm sharing all this here because i know from skype/steam contacts there are a lot of others watching and waiting to see if i can get this working before they take the plunge!

each reinstall costs you 16gb of download. some of our guys are in the forests of finland on dongles, or otherwise metered for their bandwidth so they're not keen to take the risk yet

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

wahey it works

what i needed to do was install to a new steam library called "D:\steam"

and now everything works fine

steam offers the default name for a new library as "d:\steamlibrary"

and BIS scripts cannot handle it so it messes up the pathing for installing ACR and combining A2 and OA

here's my FAQ for my game-buddies to use - if anyone else finds it useful then great

http://www.gitsclan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6732&p=66271

Edited by eggbeast

aw now the servers don't work properly

I got the servers to update ok BUT we have two main servers we play on at the same time:

81.19.208.60:2310 - unsung vietnam server

81.19.208.60:2300 - takistan server

since installing 1.63

I can get either one to load a mission and i can connect to it and it works perfectly BUT

if i start one of them the other one will not run.

I can only see the second server if i use remote IP in the browser and if i join it does not allocate me a slot properly, so the mission never loads or starts. in the rpt it just says player Eggbeast no network something or other... endless repeats of that.

could it be that they're both using the same steam port or something? ticket in to hosts, anyone else having this problem? anyone solved it?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

sorted it - needed to add these to the two different server configs

steamport=2311;

steamqueryport=2312;

steamport=2301;

steamqueryport=2302;