Sign in to follow this  
DroopyPiles

What do you kind of call any player? in scripting

What do you kind of call any player? in scripting, I have 5 players that i'm using in my co-op, I have this area you walk thru that when you go thru it it changes the loadout of who goes thru it, but at the mo I have to do it separately so I have to name that player in the script, how do I make the script just say any player? so I don't have to name them individually, thx

what does the trigger return? thislist? if so then thislist select 0 would be your player, unless you want it to run on more than one player if, say two players are in the area. in which case it could be {...} foreach thislist

what does the trigger return? thislist? if so then thislist select 0 would be your player, unless you want it to run on more than one player if, say two players are in the area. in which case it could be {...} foreach thislist

um the trigger I got set to detect blufor at mo, then when its walked thru it runs a script changing the weapons of the player named in the script, but I want the script instead of being named player specific, be something like "this" but that don't work, so anyone who walks into area gets weps changed, that make sence?

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

i'm trying to do this

_wep1 = "Jon","Jason","Chris","Lindsay","Dax";

removeAllWeapons _wep1;

_wep1 addWeapon "arifle_MXC_Black_F";

but each person who triggers gets the change not the whole squad obviously

Edited by DroopyPiles

You can't use local variables like that in a trigger, but you could put that code in a script and run it from your trigger activation and use thislist like Egg says to execute on all who are in trigger area.

trigger Act:

{nul = [] execVM "change_loadout.sqf";} foreach thisList;

on second look of you code. That code doesn't really make sense, but I see what you are trying to do. Maybe replace _wep1 with player and set trigger for repeating. Just an idea..