Sign in to follow this  
-lordsoth-

Need help with hostage scripts

Hi,

I am very, very new to the mission editor and need help with my hostage rescue. I have 4 hostages, all un-equiped soldiers (no gear). I have got to the point where I can approach them and rescue them and have them join my team (plan to then gear them up and move on to next objective). What I am having trouble with is keeping them still and not targeted by the AI. Because they are soldiers they act that way and are then fair game for the enemy ai. I want it so that they are given a lower or no priority as a target when the shit hits the fan. So basically have the AI ignore them until I put them in my team and then it is game on again. Hope this makes sense.

put that in the init field of each hostage:

this setCaptive true;

The AI will then ignore the captive units

when you execute joinSilent or whatever you use, just revert the commant back with:

this setCaptive false;

AI will now stop to ignore them.

thankyou so much for the help, as stated I am a very noob with editing so when I rescue my men my script runs {[_x] joinSilent _ldr} forEach _grp; to join them to my group. How do I on its execution revert the init field to "setCaptive False"???

{[_x] joinSilent _ldr; _x setCaptive false} forEach _grp;

Above will set them to setCaptive False when they join your group.

thanks guys, very much appreciated. Really feel out of my depth when trying to make missions :(