Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

Does anyone know how to put fluorescent colours on textures?

Does anyone know how to put fluorescent colours on textures? as in textures you make for units. I can't seem to get anything to shine like a fluorescent colour would. Reflecting light etc

This should proably be in the editing section, maybe?

How much experience do you have with creating textures?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by fluorescent colors. You mean like this?

HysU56N.jpg

Just use the color picker in whatever paint program you are using. You can sample colors from outside the program with Photoshop's eye dropper or whatever.

Do you mean you want to recreate like a fluorescent paint material or something? Because that would be a whole other thing involving editing .rvmats and stuff.

But what setting/texture combination produces flourescent surfaces, if that is at all possible?

Like what you see on high viz vests etc

But what setting/texture combination produces flourescent surfaces, if that is at all possible?

The wiki page on .rvmats has an image with some settings that get pretty close to that kind of material. You could probably start with that and tweak from there. I'm not particularly familiar with Arma's material system and I don't have the tools installed, so I can't test it out for myself, but it shouldn't be too difficult to get the look right by just tweaking stuff until you're happy.

Edited by roshnak

Do you know of any tutorials mate? I read that link but it doesnt really help me learn how to create one from scratch? I have tried googling it but dont seem to find anything good.

http://evaq8.co.uk/images/P/M600%20L%20Vest.jpg (198 kB)

I just want the silver colour from the vest so I can put it on a retexture.

You could probably fake the effect you're looking for with an emissive and slight specularity.

You could probably fake the effect you're looking for with an emissive and slight specularity.

You can get a surface to glow by setting the emmisive values to be really high, the issue is you have to have the area you want to glow as a separate selection otherwise the entire model will glow..........just open up an rvmat and set the emmisive values to something like

emissive [] = {5000,10,10,1};

Will glow red very bright at night

Typing this on my phone, so sorry if it don't make sense or doesn't work

You can get a surface to glow by setting the emmisive values to be really high, the issue is you have to have the area you want to glow as a separate selection otherwise the entire model will glow..........just open up an rvmat and set the emmisive values to something like

emissive [] = {5000,10,10,1};

Will glow red very bright at night

Typing this on my phone, so sorry if it don't make sense or doesn't work

I think that emissive is sliiiiightly too high, but yes that's what you'll want to do essentially.

I think that emissive is sliiiiightly too high, but yes that's what you'll want to do essentially.

Well yeah it would more or less be a neon tube..... ;)