Sign in to follow this  
stilton

Can we ever expect a flickering-SLI fix?

The issue is clearly caused by specific mirrors...

..Mirrors / Pip TV's works on certain vehicles 100% fine... [unarmed jeeps like the hunter, the hummingbird's mirrors, and the blackfoot from pilot seat looking at the gun-cam]

Apparently the issue has been identified or you're talking to nvidia or something?

-- Even though, as already established by the fact it works fine on some vehicles, its clearly not something that all vehicles have problems with so its not a driver issue... Its a game issue.

I'm practically begging you to take the existing rendering technique / shader / whatever and apply that correctly to the rest of the mirrors? There is no noticable side-effects from the way the other mirrors are implemented so i don't know why this has taken over a year to fix? [ http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=436 - Submitted 2013-03-05 ]

Apparently we're not crying loud enough to get noticed...

...This forces me to play in 3rd person whenever i'm in a vehicle.

I don't want to.. I have to, because if i don't the flickering starts to make me feel sick. [ I dare imagine what someone who has epilepsy would get from it, because it is basically a strobing effect, every other frame being rendered black... Might not be so bad on night missions but you are gonna seizure good on a daytime mission :) ]

As someone who goes apeshit about the whole '3rd person breaking immersion / realism...' - It's sad, it means i never drive in first person.. Which should be easily possible with the HMG/GMG hunters... But isnt.. Because of the 5 flickering mirrors and one flickering TV taking up about as much screen as the front windows.

Please fix this before Arma 4 / 2015.

[ If any mod could please change 'an' to 'a' in the title i would appreciate it :D , its minor but the grammatical error is already driving me insane ]**done**

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I just started playing Arma 3 again and haven't since before I crossfired my GPUs. So this isn't just an SLI/Nvidia issue, it's any multi-GPU set up. Would like to see this fixed.

I imagine everyone else who has SLI and this issue has already gouged out their eyeballs...

...Hopefully i wont get whipped for re-bumping this back to page1... But i'd love to hear some information about the status of this fix, opposed to waiting another year. :)

*cough*

It is even understood that this is not an issue with all vehicles, right? Lots of people o nthe bug tracker saying this, but the title still reads 'All vehicles'

As in, it is working fine on certain vehicles.. Which makes the comment 'We are investigating this with hardware partners' worrying -- Because it looks like you are trying to say its a problem inherent with multiple-GPU's...

If that were the case though, why would it be working with some of the vehicles...

It's not like ' it's impossible ' -- Some vehicles currently in the same game... clearly work.

See:

- Hummingbird mirrors..

- Unarmed variants of the hunter, strider and Ifrit. [mirrors / monitors ]

I do mean to go on.

If you want someone to investigate exactly which vehicles exhibit this.. I am happy to help -- I would welcome any indication that this issue hasn't been forgotton or pushed to the wayside...

Because there seems to be very little feedback regarding whether the issue is even understood, let alone if its ever going to get looked at, or fixed..

I haven't tried the bootcamp update yet, i'm just assuming it's not fixed.

"I do mean to go on."

That's the spirit. Never stop going on, sooner or later they are going to listen and fix it.

I really hope this gets fixed soon. It's just such an annoyance.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166430-PIP-flickering-ever-since-first-alpha-release-still-not-fixed-after-final-release

I know what you mean..

The fact that only some vehicles are fixed and someone are not mean only that there's something wrong into these vehicles, some config, something..

Otherwise ALL PiP should be affected by this bug..

My "solution"?

Nvidia control panel -> force arma3.exe to run single GPU.

Meh...