Sign in to follow this  
atomickrypton

How to hide Objectives/Tasks?

Hello,

So first things first, I have tried searching on google, armaholic, here, and I have yet to have any luck. I am making a mission where at the middle of the mission, a certain event will happen, and suddenly a new task pops up (one that wasn't there before), and you are then assigned to it. Unfortunately, every method I tried to make that happen hasn't worked. Basically, my question is, how can I hide tasks until a trigger is activated? Thank you guys in advance.

Hello, thank you for the response. However, (given I interpreted what you said correctly) what you suggested didn't really work. All what it did was assign the task that I want hidden, which I already know what to do. I tried messing around with the "create task description" module, but no luck there (yet).

you have to triangle link trigger-create Task-assign task to keep it hidden and assign when the trigger fires

and on the discription module i cant really help, i havnt put mutch time in it

but as it looks it triggers always at mission start (even with trigger)

If done properly the task will not become visible, or "active", until its triggered

Thanks for the response. Yeah, with the description module, it didn't serve any purpose (for what I was attempting to achieve). I ended up just using the setSimpleTaskDescription, createSimpleTask, etc. scripts along with a hint function in a .sqf file to get what I wanted (you can't tell any difference between the scripts and the module if done properly). Took a few minutes to get everything written and working fine.