Sign in to follow this  
giovafr

currentcommand value/argument?

hi all.

First of all, let me appology, i'm a dummy forever (honnestly) regarding search (i find everything except what i'm looking for, i swear !).

Is there a way to get more infos around currentcommand?

something like that :

boy CommandMove [100,100,0]

currentCommand boy => "MOVE" (ok)

CurrentCommandArg boy => (how to get '[100,100,0]' ??? )

boy CommandFollow boss

CurrentCommandArg boy => (how to get 'boss' ??? )

If not possible is there any ticket about that???

because this is (its just an example) impossible to know where an unit is going when it is a singular order (not a waypoint (group order) )

player sidechat format ["Current Command value is : %1",currentCommand boy ];

Basic debugging technique returns in a sidechat message what the current command is for the boy.

See this thread for more details on debugging techniques

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176096-Zeu-Debugging-Tutorial-amp-Foundation-Template

Debugging is the one ability you need to polish up on to create any code and solve most coding issues

player sidechat format ["Current Command value is : %1",currentCommand boy ];

Basic debugging technique returns in a sidechat message what the current command is for the boy.

See this thread for more details on debugging techniques

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176096-Zeu-Debugging-Tutorial-amp-Foundation-Template

Debugging is the one ability you need to polish up on to create any code and solve most coding issues

I believe the OP wanted to know if there was a way to get more information than what currentCommand returns.

I believe the OP wanted to know if there was a way to get more information than what currentCommand returns.

exactly, that is why i wrote :

to explain that i know this command that is fine.

Finally Tajin gived the answer (thanks !). This is perfect for CommandMove. In other hand it doesn't help a lot with CommandFollow, but thanks to formationleader and formationPosition commands, we can get the info.