Sign in to follow this  
Matt1270

Arma 3 Supporter Edition DLC problem

I recalled when buying the game that i got all dlc for free by buying the supporter edition.

As far as I remember, this was a common misunderstanding. "Free" DLCs will be available for everybody. "Paid" DLCs (like ACR for Arma 2) you will have to pay for as anybody else.

Maybe it's me being on the wrong track as I just saw that the Kart DLC can be purchased in BIStore.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Edited by SwiftN7

As far as I remember, this was a common misunderstanding. "Free" DLCs will be available for everybody. "Paid" DLCs (like ACR for Arma 2) you will have to pay for as anybody else. The benfits of the "Supporter Edition" was, well... supporting BI with money. And hey, you got a digital map, didn't you?

Not true. People having bought the supporter edition will have the DLC for free, anybody else will have to pay for them.

No he's right, it said explicitly that supporter editions would get all future DLC for free, not just the free stuff.

As far as I remember, this was a common misunderstanding. "Free" DLCs will be available for everybody. "Paid" DLCs (like ACR for Arma 2) you will have to pay for as anybody else. The benfits of the "Supporter Edition" was, well... supporting BI with money. And hey, you got a digital map, didn't you?

No, the Supporter Edition includes getting DLC and the expansion for free, that others will pay for. As a supporter, I did not have to pay for the Karts DLC.

Those who supported our development by purchasing the limited Arma 3 Supporter Edition will be getting everything above without surcharge, including the Expansion

Source: http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/465-roadmap-14-15-dlc-strategy-blog

Edit: Shoot, beaten to the punch again.

No, the Supporter Edition includes getting DLC and the expansion for free, that others will pay for. As a supporter, I did not have to pay for the Karts DLC.

Source: http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/465-roadmap-14-15-dlc-strategy-blog

Edit: Shoot, beaten to the punch again.

Thanks! Finally, something that explicitly states this, that I can screenshot and save to my "Just in case" folder. ;)