Sign in to follow this  
dcal

Using Arma 2 animations in Arma 3

Is there a way to import Arma 2 animations into Arma 3? They should work fine but just need to be put in to Arma 3. I am making a machinima and there are some Arma 2 anims that would work well for a couple scenes(and other future vids). There were far more animations, particularly cut scene animations, in Arma 2 compared to Arma 3. Any other video/machinima makers interested in this?

Thanks,

DCAL

Full body animations work fine, the only possible issue may be with facial animations as the skeleton of face differs :icon_twisted:

dcal, did you somehow get the A2 anims working in A3? I would like to use some of them too (as you say - there's quite a lack of animations in A3 in some degree...). The problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to start. :o Can you give me a hint how to do it? Thanks a lot!

@pettka- it does not matter about the facial animation. Most machinima makers would be thrilled just to have the arma2 anims in Arma 3.

@Undeceived- while messing around with the earlier versions of All In Arma, which loaded Arma 2 content into Arma 3 I was able to use a lot of Arma 2 anims in Arma 3. It would seem a mod could isolate the animations and port them over. I just don't know where to begin, and super busy to boot.

Most machinima makers would be thrilled just to have the arma2 anims in Arma 3.

Most mission makers too! Pettka, is it possible for you devs to implement them into Arma 3? (I mean: Could you please do it?) :lookaround: It would help a lot in cutscenes and overall atmosphere!

@Undeceived- while messing around with the earlier versions of All In Arma, which loaded Arma 2 content into Arma 3 I was able to use a lot of Arma 2 anims in Arma 3. It would seem a mod could isolate the animations and port them over. I just don't know where to begin, and super busy to boot.

Yeah, same here (no idea how to do it).

I would like to use them without any mods (e.g. AiA, which is great!), as it would then be required for my missions...