Sign in to follow this  
ins0

Online Squad.xml Editor - WebApp

UUhh first post, so first of all, hello to everyone!

i just published my Squad XML Editor/Hoster for Arma based games. i know that a handfull services allready exists but as a webdev - when something can be better - develop it. :rolleyes:

i hope u guys like it or not (!give feedback). currently i write a custom port from normal images to arma specific paa files - online (oh god what have i just announced).

Arma Squad XML Editor/Hoster - Live PAA Conversion:

ArmAsquads.com

indexqop3p.jpgcreate60pqn.jpgsquadugpcj.jpgmemberulo7f.jpgxml7boog.jpg

so thank you guys! have a nice day

Edited by ins0

Don't waste your time on that .paa tool :) Almost everyone that is into .paa converting is already using something like TexView 2. Which works very well.

don't think this is wasted time, i agree that many tools can convert images to dds format on windows but no tool convert them directly online. thanks for your reply :)

Edited by ins0

success - full paa support - upload png/gif/jpg/jpeg files and there get converted to full supported arma paa files (transparency support) :)

Pretty nice! Good job.

I have couple of security concerns, and user experience suggestions.

1. Enable HTTPS

(Even this forum is using HTTP, so I can't safely use it on public networks)

2. Use OpenID connect, and store minimal amount of personal user information

3. The squad xml URL should be a first class item in the UI experience. Looks like it's tucked away within the members panel.

Edited by micovery

thanks for your feedback

1. Enable HTTPS

(Even this forum is using HTTP, so I can't safely use it on public networks)

i would love to implement that, but free services are only as good with the users that keeping it alive - currently i can't spend the money for ssl certs.. :butbut:

2. Use OpenID connect, and store minimal amount of personal user information

when i feel this service is ackn from the users - i think i implement this.

3. The squad xml URL should be a first class item in the UI experience. Looks like it's tucked away within the members panel.

thanks i felt this same! - new squad ui in return :cool:

Edited by ins0

thanks to namecheap.com - ssl support is now availible! all website information are now requires ssl ... squad xmls are delivered over http only. i would love to hear some feedback - negative as well positive

https://www.namecheap.com/campaigns/2014/reset-the-net.aspx

That's awesome. I saw a post about the cheap SSL on hacker news (https://news.ycombinator.com/) the other day and was going to post back here. Looks you are were much ahead :-)

Looks good, my only gripe would be it doesn't allow direct upload of .paa files. I want this as more of a manager than converter.

Cheers.

Thanks for your feedback.

What do you mean with this, the only option to upload to each squad also paa files or a section where you can upload all your images and asign these to squads?

Hi,

Sorry if I was unclear. I mean you can't upload .paa files to the site, only jpg, png etc..

i currently refactoring the whole image upload process, to support image crop and also paa file support, i think the next week the feature go live. then paa files are supported to :)

i currently refactoring the whole image upload process, to support image crop and also paa file support, i think the next week the feature go live. then paa files are supported to :)

Nice one. :D

other then the tx2view tool can you use to get .ppa files.:butbut:

thanks, glad u like it. :)

// news

Recommended from BI >> http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00083

new features:

- squad xml package download (self-hosting)

- search

- profile settings

in progress:

- allow multiple users to manage a shared squad xml

Hi,

Setup a Squad called Strike Force a couple months ago. But are not seeing it our server.

Ed