Sign in to follow this  
CreativePixel

"(Player Name) uses modified data file. Help!

I've been trying to play the Island Life mod for Arma 2 and I keep getting this message when I try to log into a server and then I get disconnected. I have tried re-installing both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA and it didn't help. I am using the steam version and everything appears to be installed correctly. I may be missing something as I am new to this so and advice would help. Thanks!

Try a steam integrity check (Google that if you don't know what I'm saying). If you're running any custom sounds or faces/models get rid of them as that can cause that problem.

This meesage means nothing. I allways get this "(Player Name) uses modified data file" When iam Joining any server, and iam not getting kicked, i play just fine.

If you get kicked it means that you have one of the following issues:

- Wrong game version (check what beata build is the server using, and install the same)

- Wrong mod version (Same as above, but for the mod)

- Missing mod (Check the modlist for the server and be sure you have installed, and are running all the required mods, or just

simply use PLAY WITH SIX)

- Forbidden mod in use (turn off any mods that are nod required by the server)

- Banned (never been there so i dont know what to do there, but iam sure you can google it)

- Not whitelisted (check if the server has whitelist, if yes go to theyr forums and ask.)

- Server is full (selfexplanatory)

- Ping too high (Try another server)