Sign in to follow this  
CthulhuRay

ARMA2 OA DLC install problems (steam)

Hey folks,

I had the retail copy of Arma2, Operation Arrowhead and Reinforcements. Recently they changed it so you can activate your CD-Key on steam so I did that over the weekend. Also bought ACR via Steam.

So now I'm stuck with the same problem many users are experiencing whereby the DLC does not install correctly/at all but none of the "fixes" so far have worked for me.

The odd thing is BAF installed fine but not PMC or ACR

the error I get every time I run ARMA2 OA is something in the lines of

"file read error... path/ARMA2 OA/ACR/setup.dat... "

"file read error... path/ARMA2 OA/PMC/setup.dat... "

some steps I went through (after the downloads finished) included:

1. Restart Steam

2. Restart as Admin (this only really makes a difference if UAC is turned on as far as I know)

3. Verify Game Cache for ARMA2, OA. It actually does download a new file every time I run it but no idea what it is.

4. Deleted the entire game and reinstalled

5. Deleted just the DLC packages and verified to download again

6. Reboot PC

Adding the mod to the startup parameter or running it from the steam ACR page will only work if the game is actually installed. it does not look like ACR or PMC installs at all.

looking at the \Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma2 OA folder there is only a BAF folder. In the DLCSetups folder I can see BAF/ACR/PMC.

I copied the PMC and ACR folder into the root ARMA2 OA folder and changed the folders around a bit such as data -> addons

it loads the dlc via expansions but the actual maps and missions aren't there.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea what else to do...

thanks,

CthulhuRay

I have exact same problem as you

tried every solution as you

so a solution would be more than welcome

doesn't look like anyone is too keen on helping out

it appears that on all the forums everyone's recommendation is "run as admin". clearly this is not the proper solution

found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2szI0f8BLo

want to try it tonight, currently at work. didn't watch the whole thing yet and it could just be whatever I've done already. will see what happens I guess.

I have an idea that perhaps the registry could be messed up since I had the retail installed and then installed the steam version.

thank you for video link

I tried it and did exact how this video suggest ... no way same errors appear again

I think one of the problem is that steam changed the Operation Arrowhead Key

to the Key of Reinforcements

so please BIS how to install:

Arma 2 (Retail DVD)

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (Retail DVD)

Arma 2 Reinforcements (Retail DVD) ... this only for the DLC's BAF and PMC

Arma 2 ACR DLC (BIS Store)

on Steam in correct way without error's ??

yep no luck.

I can see the key in the registry for ACR looks different from BAF and PMC

but I'm having the exact same issue with PMC so that's probably not the problem.

very cool :mad:

it made now also my retail installations unusable ...

made a thread on steam topic and hope a developer clears the situation

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden&p=2694137&viewfull=1#post2694137

Edited by maquez

I have excellent news, no idea what has changed but it worked

I verified the cache again and it downloaded 1 file (no different from previously)

ran OA and it installed ACR fine. The only difference this time is I did not have BAF or PMC installed. Busy re-downloading BAF and PMC to try those again.

I have been having the same problems, and done a ton of different fixes/workarounds none of which work, but I found out some interesting things. First of all, I have the same setup as you (ARMA 2 Combined Ops CD Key, Reinforcements CD Key, ACR through Seam) and this all worked fine when I originally registered my CD keys on Steam in April. However, I did a Windows Reinstall in early May and now I am having problems.

Prior to Friday, 05/16 ACR would install fine, but BAF and PMC would not. Something changed on Friday, 05/16 that fixed BAF, but broke ACR, and did not affect PMC. I have a support ticket open with Bohemia, but they are just having me do the same steps that I have already tried (Run as admin, etc.) which do not fix anything. This problem is on Steam/Bohemia's end. I suspect that either the "datacachepreprocessor.exe" files for PMC and ACR are corrupt, or the setup.dat files are corrupt. I have even tried installing on another computer that has a different version of Windows and a different Antivirus program to rule those out, and I get the exact same problem.

could you finally install Arma 2 on steam ?

when yes how you did it?

I still have same problems and no help from BIS!

the problem was BIS/Steam side apparently. you could try verifying your steam cache to download the updated files that are supposed to work