Sign in to follow this  
ltme

multiplayer any good yet?

hi all,

i took operation flashpoint off my pc about the beginning of november (fs2002 took over!). The multiplayer then wasn't much good: has it improved enough to be worth reinstalling?

cheers

1.40 helped a lot. No more aircraft fleight bugs and the tank bugs seem to be fixed.

It still has some quirks, but its definetly worth it. OFP is the ONLY game I ever played about 6 months now. I keep coming back to it, cause nothing beats its teamplay. With newest patches one can play 10 ppl with no problem (if they arent all 56Kers)

The real problem, that cant really be fixed, is the scores and scores of bad maps. People seem to think its fun for a 3vs3 game with the flags on opposite ends of a map. I say:

Install it.

(Upgrade)

Find 10-15 players which wont quit.

play the Everon CTF near Gravette or that Castle CTF in the south part of the island.

Be happy and have lots of fun.

(Further more, join a Squad, you wont be sorry)

Btw, OFP beats the crap out of FS.

(Edited by Dawdler at 2:17 pm on Dec. 29, 2001)

FS2002=Fifa Soccer? If so, get KickOff2002 insted (release January). Steve Screech who was one of the Kick Off and Kick Off2 creators has made it, with a KO2002 fanbase to make the game as similar to KO2 as possible but with better gfx and new features. Also it's nothing like those other crappy KickOff titles that has been released the last 5-7 years...

/end shameless plug

-Rekrul

hi all,

cheers for the info: when I get my new athlon xp1800 in a week or so, I'll reinstall and have a go!

btw, I meant flight sim 2002! but thanks anyway!

cheers

leon

MP is ok if u can get into a game. There are still times I try for about 45 mins and just give up and play something else. Single player OFP is the best. MP is a hit and miss afair. Game Spy is a joke. dedicate servers are better but u are at the mercy of the server adminstrator who can move u from east to west or kick u if dont play the way they want u too. Dedicated server with no admin playing you always have someone who wont clik in and holds everyone up. There are frequent sever crashes admin present or not (more frequent science 1.4 patch). When you do get into a MP game its loads of fun but expect to spend some time  to find one. The most frustrating part of MP is waiting to get into the game. You can wait 30 min  or longer to get into game play on a dedicated server. The only way around this is to host your own server and not everyone has a T1 line available to do this. The least BIS could of done was have a specator mode so u could watch the action while stuck waiting to get into the game. Single player great. MP not so good.  :-)