Sign in to follow this  
Johno89

O2 - Helicopter gear animation problem.

Hi

I am currently trying to animate the rear gear on my attack helicopter. I had the basics sorted, however problems arose when I attempted to link (b_gear, b_gear_h1, b_gear_h2) together into one fluid animation in source="gear";. I have defined the bones in 0.00 & memory LODs. In my model.cfg I have made sure the selections are identical to O2.

But when i go to animate the rear gear and two hatches in bulldozer, only b_gear will animate. My knowledge of .cpp & .cfg's are amateur at best so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Btw how do i upload my .cfg without taking up too much space?

Edited by Johno232

You can put it into code brackets. There a button if you click go advanced

Thanks M1lkm8n,

Here is my model.cfg, I have omitted other animated parts and just left the rear gear and hatch flaps.

class CfgSkeletons
{
class Default
{
	isDiscrete = 1;
	skeletonInherit = "";
	skeletonBones[] = {};
};
class heli_skeleton: Default
{
	skeletonInherit="";
	isDiscrete=0;
	skeletonBones[]=
	{
		"b_gear",
		"b_gear_h1",
		"b_gear_h2"
	};
};
};
class Rotation
{
type = "rotation";
memory = 1;
minValue = 0;
maxValue = 1;
angle0 = 0;
angle1 = 1;
};
class CfgModels
{
class Default
{
	sectionsInherit="";
	sections[] = {};
	skeletonName = "";
};
class heli: Default
{
	skeletonName="heli_skeleton";
	sectionsInherit="";
	sections[]=
	{

};
	class Animations
	{
//rear gear
		class b_gear
		{
			type="rotation";
			source="gear";
			selection="b_gear";
			axis="b_gear_axis";
			memory=1;
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1;
			angle0=0;
			angle1=1.7;
		};
		class b_gear_h1
		{
			type="rotation";
			source="gear";
			selection="b_gear_h1";
			axis="b_gear_h1_axis";
			memory=1;
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1;
			angle0=2;
			angle1=0;
		};
	        class b_gear_h2
		{
			type="rotation";
			source="gear";
			selection="b_gear_h2";
			axis="b_gear_h2_axis";
			memory=1;
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1;
			angle0=-2;
			angle1=0;
		};

};	
	};
};
};

Edited by Johno232

Your skeleton bones

Should be defined like this

"b_gear","",
"b_gear_h1","",
"b_gear_h2",""

Note the last bone in the list doesn't get a comma at the end.

Also I generally name the source the same as the animation class name so maybe try changing all the source=gear to source=b_gear if fixing the bones doesn't do it

Edited by M1lkm8n

Ah ok, but I thought that selections which are dependent upon one another in an animation sequence had a comma, and those that weren't linked had "", at the end. This rear gear and two flaps are like the AH-99, closing together upon take off and opening/retracting when landing.

Just applied what you defined and now works like a charm, however how would I create a delay for the hatches that would prevent the gear clipping through them when retracting?

Thanks very much btw.

Edited by Johno232

Ah ok, but I thought that selections which are dependent upon one another in an animation sequence had a comma, and those that weren't linked had "", at the end.

You mean this?

"bone1","",
"bone2","bone1"

basically that means that bone1 is the parent bone and bone2 is the child....its easier to describe it in terms of a door and a doorknob. each bone needs its own animation the bone1 being the door that opens at lets say at a 45deg angle and the bone2 being the knob, which in this case is the lever type knob, rotates at a 30deg angle.

but when bone1(the door) swings open bone2(the knob) must follow so that's why they get linked together like that in the skeletonBones array. if they weren't linked the door would open leaving the knob floating in the air :D

as for the door covers clipping the wheels try changing the minValue=0 and maxValue=1 of when the animation occurs for those named selections. this way the animation will start later then the animation for the wheel which will then prevent it from clipping

Awesome the rear gear works fine, now for the tricky front left & right gears. Should of chose a heli with skids! ;) Thanks for the advice and info, really helped.