Sign in to follow this  
xSeQueL

Questions about Missions and VAS

Hello everyone, pretty new to these forums but I figured this would be the best place to ask some questions. I'm hosting a server for me and my 2 friends so we could play co-op missions together but I have some questions regarding certain missions and VAS.

1. I've noticed a lack of vehicles getting to objectives in a lot of missions, for example, we spawn in the mission and they give us a spawn point with 1 maybe 2 vehicles to get to our destination. Upon setting out and completing them we die and respawn at the spawn point which now has no vehicles since we already used them, is there a solution I'm just not getting or do the map creators expect us to walk 10-30 minutes back to our objectives? I've seen this on more than 1 map and it's frustrating for me and my friends.

2. I would like to get this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912 to work with Virtual Ammo System, is that possible? The guns are really neat and I'd love to use them with my friends.

Bonus - 3. Any co-op maps/addons you guys would recommend for 3 people?

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer my questions!

1. Welcome to Arma! Hope your boots fit. In a better-designed mission, the vehicles would respawn, either immediately or (my preference) after a certain amount of time. A delayed respawn makes them a little more valuable. The bottom line here is - don't die.

2. Addons typically work with VAS automagically.

3. I think you'll find that there is no lack of missions for groups of 1-4. Most of them might be "specops"-style missions, but it's to be expected. I don't have any specific recommendations, though.

This may help.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23571

download the file, copy the contents from their folder into your mission folder, after that you can paste the follow command into the vehicle's init line

_nul = [this, 2, 1, {}] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";
the first number represents the time the time in which it will take to respawn after being abandoned and the second number represents the delay after being destroyed. you can edit these numbers to your preference, 1 being the equivalent of 60 seconds in game.

if you need further help/explanation, shoot me a PM or ask here

Edited by hades198