Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

BUG: Objectives module causing desync possibly

Started to get massive desync issues on my dedicated server for about 3 weeks when playing zeus. Was able to narrow it down to the objective module and possibly more specific the disabled location option. Whenever I place this in a mission, desync starts, and I also suspect this might be a combined issue with JIP players.

I tested this 3 times in a row on a mission with 15 players. Same units, same modules every time, desynced first 2 times, then I left out the objective modules and desync was gone.

I am running the server on a dedicated remote box with a 100mbit connection, however my local home pc has only a connection of 2mbit. Which would suggest that the local client was overloaded with too much traffic. However I was able to rule this out by:

Spamming Kavala with 70 infantry units, having players go full auto with AA vehicle guns, which choked the server fps down to 20 but it still did not cause any desync. So it appears that there is a problem with that module.

Also the desync showed itself by objectives losing their text and attempting to direct control would simply place the zeus icon but no zoom in would appear. Also doors would not open.

All on the retail non dev version. Started appearing at the same time when the option to remove objective locations was in

This still appears on the latest version