Sign in to follow this  
plasticarmythug

Initial High Ping on Server in Steam

Hi!

I have a couple of servers, all running in different servers but they're all using similar high performance setups.

From the last update a few weeks ago, Me and a few others have been noticing that there is this new thing in the Server Browser in Arma 3 (Steam) where once you open up the game and go to the Multiplayer Server list on Steam, (with our search filter saved) Our servers initially come up with 300-500 ping, and then when we click on refresh, it goes back to it's normal 50-100 ping. This always happens only once (when you open up arma 3 and go to the multiplayer). I've tried changing ports, and that ended up with mixed results. I've got no clue as to whats causing that, and after doing some research, it seems to me that its affecting my servers and a couple of other servers with the same issue.

Any help regarding this issue with be greatly appreciated, oh and btw, we're using the default optimization in the bandwith settings. and the ports are currently at default to what they're supposed to.

:bounce3:

Same here, refreshing usually fixes it. I don't get player listing either but i i switch to Gamespy it lists everyone fine.

Another problem i have is that i get a yellow question mark while using STEAM and its nice and green when using Gamespy. The difference i see is that there is a semicolon like this "Arma 3 Zeus;Arma 3;" after Arma 3 in STEAM and no semicolon in the expansions window when using Gamespy. I found a couple of servers running the same mission as me (A3Wasteland 0.9g) that are green, actually all (and only) that are green for me in STEAM present the order in the expansion window like this "Arma 3;Arma 3 Zeus;"

Sorry for the hijackish post

Many people have been having the same problem, including their servers not appearing in the steam server browser too...