Sign in to follow this  
twin

FPS lag for everybody in MP when people get stuck in ruined buildings or rocks.

So, as the title says, there's something wrong with the game/script engine that makes it go down to 2-7 FPS for everybody on the server as soon as someone on the server is stuck in a broken building (getting thrown into the air repeatedly until death) and when they get stuck inside rocks, until they respawn. This can also happen when they get stuck above stairs, on ledges or balcony and door posts.

This is a HUGE game breaker in King of the Hill, and on a bad day, 35% of the play time is spent hunting down the guy stuck.

Is there ANY progress on resolving this issue? It's by far the biggest issue with the game as of now.

I haven't had this issue at all, even though the PC i'm running my dedicated server on isn't the best machine ever.

It's probably a problem on the server you're on, a problem of the mission this server is running (eg. a badly written respawn-script) or anything else, as the game itself seems not to be the culprit here.

If it is though, you should report it on the feedback-tracker.

Well i don't play King of the hill, didn't experience FPS drops server side when collisions like this are happening but i agree that there is some collision bugs that are quite annoying, like getting stuck at the top of stairs and you "ride a horse" in the air, getting stuck in ruins, door frames, even the walls in the fields can sometimes get you stuck. I'm not sure what is the culprit here, the engine, physX, i have no idea, but this should be in the "polishing" to do list of Bohemia.

the dead jumping at ruins is a feature in the game ^^

Some even have inbuilt explosions in the ruins, always nice to hide in a ruin then get launched like a ragdoll 50m up in the air for no reason whatsoever.