demolitionstech

Synchronization From a Objects Initialization Field

Hello :wave:, I am making a mission that involves allot of synchronizing, It is making a big mess of blue lines across the map and i was hoping i could run sync commands from a initialization field to clean things up a bit. Mainly with tasks. Does any one know a way to do this or something similar, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for this but, I have been able to synchronize with the support module using.

Support SynchronizeObjectsAdd [Player];

support being the name of the support module and player being the name of the unit to sync the support module to. Placed in a trigger's Initialization Field, With success.

But for some reason it does not work with the create task module or set task state module. Any other idea's ?

OK I've been messing around a bit more and found placing

Player synchronizeObjectsAdd [TaskModule];

in the players Initialization Field works :627: for the Task Module, although i do not get a message up on the screen, I cannot for the life of me get it to work in a trigger.:banghead:

Edited by DemolitionsTech

Even if you sync all the modules to the player at the game initalization and then activate them via trigger, it doesn't work?

I've never used this command, personally. I just knew it exsisted from researching synchronizedObjects for a module based mod I am working on.

You might want to look into some task-managing based scripts as opposed to using the modules. I think the current favorite is FHQ TaskTracker.

Edited by Fight9

Why do you want to sync a unit to a trigger? this has no effect as is (unless your specifically looking for the triggers synced objects).

If your expecting the trigger to be only activated by the synced player, then syncing has no effect. You need to set the triggers attached vehicle and change its activation.

THE_TRIGGER triggerAttachVehicle [ player ];
THE_TRIGGER setTriggerActivation [ "VEHICLE", "PRESENT", true ];

The above is the same effect as syncing the player to the trigger in the editor.