jcinto23

Vehicle Mod Creation

Hi,

I would like to make a vehicle mod. Unfortunately, I have no idea how. I searched the forum and couldn't find a tutorial. If someone could help, I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to spend time making a vehicle model that I can't use.

Hi,

I would like to make a vehicle mod. Unfortunately, I have no idea how. I searched the forum and couldn't find a tutorial. If someone could help, I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to spend time making a vehicle model that I can't use.

Your best bet is to use this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Cars_Config_Guidelines

You could also be more specific in your request for info. What exactly are you trying to accomplish.

in a nutshell:

first you need a model and all textures

then you use Oxygen2(or Object builder) to create the .p3d model format file for arma

then you create the configuration files (config.cpp and model.cfg)

once that's done you create a .pbo file of your addon and put it into arma

You could also be more specific in your request for info. What exactly are you trying to accomplish.

Say I have a .3DS model of a T-50, I would like to put it in Arma 3. I would like to know:

What I have to do to the model to make it Arma 3 compatible

If I can use existing animations

How I make a config for it (or at least a link to a guide)

Your link was geared more towards cars. A jet is a bit more complex.

this should give you an idea what you need model wise

OFP, Arma1 and Arma2 tutorials apply mostly to Arma 3 as well, make sure to look for tutorials in those forum sections too

It's also important to study the A3 sample models, there is no 100% step by step guide from 0 to functioning addon.

The reason I ask is from what I understand from above, you need all the same things. Arma Tools is a lot easier then Day z tools