Sign in to follow this  
mannulus

Missing Factions in objectives editing screen.

So currently, I am trying to add objectives to the map that I am in. The issue? The screen where you can edit the objectives information, such as who are the attackers/defenders has missing info. A example of this is below:

http://i.imgur.com/L0MnLup.jpg (439 kB)

Is there any fix to this at the moment? I am unable to do any objectives because I can't set Opfor/etc as attackers or defenders.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I made my Zeus unit a member of a specific team. (I was a double agent for OpFor posing as a Blufor unit, I then ctrl+drag onto an OpFor unit which made me OpFor. Afterwards I couldn't assign anything to BluFor, like your image shows).

Interesting. Setting myself up as a Zeus Virtual Entity (In the Game Logic section) fixes this issue. So maybe I am forced to be a virtual entity if I want proper objectives? Seems a bit messed up to me, considering the fact I am no longer a controllable character and would instead have to use a AI which has it's own issues. Hmmm...

It' intentional - you can't add objectives to enemies. Virtual entity doesn't belong to any side, so it's got all options available.

Basically the difference between zeus game masters are as follows:

Zeus (BLU/INDI/OPF) Have a restriction on what can and cannot be spawned/ and or edited in relation to the SIDE of the Zeus.

Zeus (standard global entity(No Faction assignment)) Do not have restrictions on objectives or classes/factions to be spawned. This is doable via zeus slot or virtual entity with no SIDE(Faction) assignment.