Sign in to follow this  
Aralvar

Arma 3 has stopped working

Suddenly (and I do mean suddenly, the game was working perfectly fine yesterday) I get the "Arma 3 has stopped working" error every single time I launch it. I had some problems with other programs not working and those have been resolved. I have run a malware scan and deleted some malware off my computer, and have run a virus scan, but the problem persists. It loads through the "loading addons" and such pop up but when it goes to actually launch the game I get a black window with the error message that I mentioned.

I went and found the error log and this is what it said:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.18.124.97, time stamp: 0x5360ee05

Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153774d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00010860

Faulting process id: 0x142c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf680cf7d637e5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll

Report Id: 3f0001f0-d400-11e3-a7e1-2c27d7383bbb

Please, I really need some help. I can't play the game at all.

Not sure if it will help but try re-installing DirectX?

You mentioned having issues with other programs and malware problems... perhaps that has corrupted something in Windows (directX). You could also try a re-install of the game.

Already tried all of that. I got it working again but I had to reset my PC to factory settings. Thanks anyways.