Sign in to follow this  
opendome

Performance issue since switching SSD

Hello everyone,

I've been getting a large performance issues since switching SSDs. I currently have a corasair GT 120 GB and just purchased a Samsung EVO 840 250 GB and have my OS on the corsair ( the one I originally had and installed arma 3 on) and moved my games to the samsung SSD. Since doing that, I noticed that arma 3 takes longer to load, takes longer to get to the multilayer window, and reduced the FPS at the main menu by half (before Id get 300 and now I get around 120-150 at main menu). Does anyone know what could be wrong? Crystal disc says the Samsung health is 100% and the Samsung wizard says everything fine with it. In game I noticed about a 10 fps decrease in missions Ive previously used.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Opendome

I’ve never heard of any issues with having your OS on one drive and game on another so you should definitely not be experiencing slower loading times considering the Samsung is a good bit quicker actually.

About the fps difference in the main menu you should note that 300 vs 150 fps equals the difference between 60 and 50 fps since fps is a non-linear scale however that’s still definitely something noteworthy.

10 fps decrease in missions from what? 60 to 50? 30 to 20? It actually matters.

Anyways you shouldn’t be experiencing this at all.

Try doing the Samsung Magician built-in benchmark. If I remember one of the values drops quite low but the other three should be okay.

I would re-install. If that doesn’t work re-install it on the Corsair again and see if everything gets better again.

That should be your first step if you’re certain that this performance drop is really consistent.

Download ATTO Benchmark and CrystalDiskMark, run the read+write speed tests and compare them with other results of your SSD and/or post the results here.

How full are your disks? SSDs need to have at least about 10 % free space to perform properly. The performance drop can be caused by almost full SSD too.

Hello everyone,

I've been getting a large performance issues since switching SSDs. I currently have a corasair GT 120 GB and just purchased a Samsung EVO 840 250 GB and have my OS on the corsair ( the one I originally had and installed arma 3 on) and moved my games to the samsung SSD. Since doing that, I noticed that arma 3 takes longer to load, takes longer to get to the multilayer window, and reduced the FPS at the main menu by half (before Id get 300 and now I get around 120-150 at main menu). Does anyone know what could be wrong? Crystal disc says the Samsung health is 100% and the Samsung wizard says everything fine with it. In game I noticed about a 10 fps decrease in missions Ive previously used.

Thanks for your help!

Which interface did you connect it to?