Sign in to follow this  
redswirl

What FPS am I supposed to be getting in OA Chernarus?

I understand ArmA 2 is an extremely CPU-intensive game, but what FPS am I supposed to be getting in OA playing the original ArmA 2 campaign content with 2013 computer parts? Most of my graphics are set to normal (textures and AF are set to very high, video memory is set to "default," AA is disabled but PPAA is set to low MSAA) and I get around 25-45FPS. In Utes I can easily get 60. I haven't tried any of the OA areas. I remember getting a noticeably higher framerate in Chernarus in original ArmA 2.

CPU: i5-4670k @3.4GHz

GPU: GTX 760 2GB

RAM: 8GB

I think it would be more meaningful if you report the rating of the two chernarus Benchmark missions in 1.62 and 1.11 since you can compare them better that way.

Despite all claims by BIS and Dwarden I also get better fps (+5) in both benchmarks in 1.11.

In my opinion sometjhign went wrong after 1.57 since a lot of user that have not changes their PCs since then report degraded SP and MP performance since 1.57.

These are all with vsync on at 60fps

First ArmA 2 benchmark (1.62)

Average FPS: 58

Second ArmA 2 benchmark (1.62)

Average FPS: 20

First ArmA 2 benchmark (1.11)

Average FPS: 59

Second ArmA 2 benchmark (1.11)

Average FPS: 24

Edit: I also tried running around in the editor in both versions (in the same location) and in both I pretty much get 60fps way out in the country. In urban areas like Chernogorsk it's still around 50-60fps. I guess that means it's mostly the CPU being strained from all the AI running around in SP missions.

Edited by RedSwirl

These are all with vsync on at 60fps

First ArmA 2 benchmark (1.62)

Average FPS: 58

Second ArmA 2 benchmark (1.62)

Average FPS: 20

First ArmA 2 benchmark (1.11)

Average FPS: 59

Second ArmA 2 benchmark (1.11)

Average FPS: 24

Edit: I also tried running around in the editor in both versions (in the same location) and in both I pretty much get 60fps way out in the country. In urban areas like Chernogorsk it's still around 50-60fps. I guess that means it's mostly the CPU being strained from all the AI running around in SP missions.

Since A.I. is more advanced and more precise in movement in OA and uses more A.I. routines that's not a surprise.