Sign in to follow this  
y0shi

Simple geometrics request

Hi there,

the last few hours I went through some attempts to create a simple plane which is 4m by 4m. It should have no texture, it should rather be transparent.

I cannot get it to work in any case: I tried modelling a plane with Blender (which was quite easy though), opened it in O2 and tried to apply a Geometry Lod.

Bullets seem to impact on the (absolutely non-transparent) object but yet still I can pass through it.

Is there anything like a collection of solid shapes already out there? It should be used to fix briges on Icebreakr's awesome map Panthera by layering the model

over the bridge. If someone would provide me with a link to such "prefabs" or a .p3d file I'd be really glad to share my "Fixed Bridge Panthera": It won't help for AI though

but yet still, you can at least cross it by foot.

Thanks for your help & cheers,

Y0shi

Make/copy that plane to RoadWay lod, then you can walk on it properly without passing through.

Thanks for the hint. How about the textures? I'm actually texturing / applying my transparent texture in Blender because I'm totally confused with O2s Texturing process: When I created a LOD (geometry lod in my case) the initially gained transparency was lost and it was a solid white block again. Any way to prevent this?

EDIT: I'm dumb sorry - this should actually be moved to A2 Modelling :(

Edited by Y0shi

Y0shi, I think that the box is showing up solid because the view geometry is automatically taken from the geometry LOD if it isn't specifically defined. Try making a "view Geometry" LOD and make that transparent.