Sign in to follow this  
Juhansson

How to make this fire geometry proper? convexity issues.

EDIT: I got this resolved see 2nd page

Here what i got: http://imgur.com/a/DHbzx

The above picture is "find non-convex" result. Problem is with the firegeometry. And how to make it so that I can shoot through the "holes" of the railing? If i do the "convex component hull" the whole railing goes to one solid piece which is fine for geometry lod, but wouldnt be good for the fire and view geometry. The "find non closed" and "check faces" return nothing so thats good. I dont quite understand how parts of the railing arent convex.

And heres download link to the .p3d if someone wants to take a look: http://speedy.sh/NuSHr/small-woodbridge.p3d

And blender project file just in case: http://speedy.sh/BFUjx/small-bridge-blend.zip

What am I doing wrong, and is my only option to try build firegeometry seperately from small blocks?

Edited by Juhansson

I don't get it : you can keep the geo lod with the "component convex hull" thingy, and use your detailed object (which isn't that complex) as fire geo lod.

I'd like to but somehow im still able to shoot through it? Why i wonder.

The geo lod doesn't block bullets, it blocks grenades though since A3 IIRC. If you build a detailed fire geo lod, this latter will be used for bullets calculations.

I know but the firegeometry i have here is not working i can shoot throught it (the railing part). The regular geometry lod is fine and works.

Edited by Juhansson

Im not sure what you mean. Check the .p3d i attached? If you mean the find components thing, yes i did that. The whole railing is concidered to be one component so there could be a problem?

you need to use the 'find components' command to automatically name each component.

you need to use the 'find components' command to automatically name each component.

Yes I have done that. Like i said there must be something wrong with the railing components because i can shoot throught them. All the other components work just fine.

Edited by Juhansson

Ok i got this resolved now. The problem with the firegeometry with the railing part was that it was one big component (and not convex i guess). So in blender, I re-did the railing with each "cube" as its own object, then joined them all together, and exported to oxygen as new fire/view/geometry. Now oxygen recognized the railing as many seperate "cubes" instead of one big component. And it worked.