Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

What is going on with ArmA 3 SP?

As said before (and shown in my signature) I am a mission maker myself: I made lots of missions, missions packs, campaigns and templates on ArmA 2 and templates on ArmA 3.

I know what it costs, how long and difficult it can be. It's just that I lost motivation because of ArmA 3, but after all the work I made, I'd like now to enjoy other's missions. However, not a lot really good to enjoy, either from BiS or community.

There are many missions - maybe too many - and really few worth being played IMO

However, not a lot really good to enjoy, either from BiS or community.

There are many missions - maybe too many - and really few worth being played IMO

That's simply not true. Have you gone over all of the workshop missions? There are a lot of great SP and COOP missions there. Much more than used to be in Arma 2 when it was in this stage.

Yeah that's why I said "IMO": I haven't tested all of them ;)

Plus, as you said, there are now a lot of missions on ArmA 2, that's why I supposed people would have much more experience in mission making to uphold a higher level of quality in missions on ArmA 3.

There are very few very good quality missions such as "Cold rising" for example.

Yeah that's why I said "IMO": I haven't tested all of them ;)

So your opinion is based on partial facts. You don't have to play all of them, but you are expected to take a look at the vast number of missions the primary source of Arma 3 missions has to offer before you complain. If you still haven't, there is no basis for your claim that "not a lot of really well made and interesting SP missions". I'm sure that if you do a little search you will find out that there are actually more than you originally thought.

There are very few very good quality missions such as "Cold rising" for example.

So as in Arma 2.

well, in that case, can you give me some missions you found just breathtaking or very good IYO?

well, in that case, can you give me some missions you found just breathtaking or very good IYO?

Sure,

1. to name just a few, because I mostly play coop:

The Guns of Aktinarki (SP)

by Ubiquitous

[sP] On The Other Side - by Bauerhousebourne

by Bauerhousebourne

[sP] Operation Scar

by HallyG

[sP/CO-2] Sting Like a Bee rv. 23

by SPARTAN

CLOSE AIR SUPPORT (Day 2)

by StrongHarm

No power to persian

by bardosy[HUN]

Masters of Code (SP)

by Ubiquitous

Revenge!

by Binkowski

2. And as I mentioned in my first post on this thread. Make sure to play Se'kara's campaigns. Great story-telling missions, very long and very entertaining:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977245021/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410&p=1&numperpage=30

3. Check out the CiA Debriefing thread - we mention there good coop missions we come across. Most of them are SP compatible.

4. Also check the CiA mission list, missions that are marked with a green highlight are confirmed as good. Missions with blue letters are from trusted authors.

Edited by Variable

Thanks for this awesome list! I didn't know many of those missions, looking forward to try them out.