Sign in to follow this  
k0rd

Issue with adding dynamic spawns with BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

Hi -

so in a mission - I am trying to get players to be able to buy a spawn point for a coop side for 50 points using BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition.

I can get it to populate the list and it works once or twice, then it starts auto-selecting my respawn location and spitting this into the rpt:

Error in expression <ion_respawn = "";
} else {

_position = BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_positions se>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_positions se>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_respawnmenuposition_positions
File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnMenuPosition.sqf, line 189
Error in expression < 0) exitwith {};
_commitTime = 0.5;
if (BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_systemSelect>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_systemSelect>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_respawnmenuposition_systemselect
File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnMenuPosition.sqf, line 148
Error in expression <ion_respawn = "";
} else {

_position = BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_positions se>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_positions se>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_respawnmenuposition_positions
File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnMenuPosition.sqf, line 189
Error in expression < 0) exitwith {};
_commitTime = 0.5;
if (BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_systemSelect>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition_systemSelect>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_respawnmenuposition_systemselect
File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnMenuPosition.sqf, line 148

i have tried using

[west, <[i]string[/i] marker name as set by createmarker>] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;
[west, <[i]object[/i] return value of createmarker>] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;
[west, <[i]array[/i] position>] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

all of which will add the thing to my list, but I start getting the above problem.

I found a similar problem ( http://forums.bistudio.com/archive/index.php/t-161475.html ) from last year that had already been fixed, but I am starting to thing this error is resurfacing based on my observations.

I did not want to open a ticket about it because I am unsure how to get it to stop working and start spitting out errors- usually happens before 5 respawns.

Any guidance on this (or confirmation that it is not working as intended) is greatly appreciated.

Edited by k0rd

There used to be an issue with addRespawnPosition only working with markers if you use the default BIS naming system ie:

respawn_west

respawn_west1

respawn_west2

Not sure if that is in any way related but ran into this problem myself and thought I'd post it up

Ah - since my first (default) spawn is a marker, I have never tried to use ONLY positions with the function. I will try to add everything as only namespace, position array and report my findings.

[EDIT]: still fails after a few deaths using only positions with the function, no markers involved.

I was kind of hoping Zeus Moricky would see this thread and patch 'er up. :16_6_8:

Edited by k0rd