Sign in to follow this  
jepuskar

The tasmanian devil is...

a character somehow related to the upcoming Independence Lost campaign. This campaign takes place in East Timor which is really really close to Austrailia. The Tasmanian Devil is actually a animal from the same region, not a cartoon character. Tas Devil

It sounds like he died in OFPR, but you never know what the connection will be. East Timor/Tas Devil......hmmmm, makes sense to me. Off all code names..why Tas Devil???

Good job BIS on keeping the suspense going. wink.gif

..................................................... you came up with all of that just because there are Tazmanian Devils living near East Timor?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

And also, he sounds british. Like he is a friend of Troskas.

I think you're wrong.

He is/was not a friend of Troska. Victor had no idea who he was. I'm not sure what the relationship is going to be..if any, but it seems like it could tie in somewhere down the road. Ofcourse you disagree...I dont expect many to agree...if any.

is this eest timor thing going to be made? Is it a complete new version or a ofp addon? Whats the new war project of bis actually?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He is/was not a friend of Troska<span id='postcolor'>

But he knew who Troska was. Not a friend, but not a stranger either.

With inside info on Russian operations. But not an American agent.

Troska had a special forces background. Did he train anybody? Did he have an old contact from his past?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jepuskar @ Aug. 05 2002,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Off all code names..why Tas Devil???<span id='postcolor'>

Why not Tas Devil?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Tasmanian Devil is a common marsupial found only in Tasmania. <span id='postcolor'>

This is a quote from the article that you linked to your post. It states that Tasmanian Devils can only be found in Tasmania, which is about 200 NM South of the South Eastern tip of Australia, therefor not Timor, which is an Indonesian island East of Java.

Oh well, good catch anyway.

Had us going for a while. smile.gif

Perhaps the Tasmanian Devil is a former adversary in the Russian Chain of Command that GUba "thought" he'd got rid of

And maybe he was in hiding waiting to get his revenge (the best time would be during an attempted hostile takeover of an Island smile.gif)

So therefore he helps the Resistance - he manages to get Guba defeated and he makes his return to Russia (with a plan to be a hero - i.e defeating the Resistance single handed (using info he gained from them - Viktor doesn't trust him but his info has always been correct)

This is what I would think lol if I dodnt know any of the plot/endings smile.gif

One theory on the identity of the Tasmanian Devil:

In the cutscene in the beginning, when the soviet troops arrive to the island, there is a police officer who overlooks the invasion from a hilltop. He then drives away in his police jeep towards the countryside. This he does in a kind of determined way. He appears to be a guy who won't just sit back and let things happen. Therefore, -he turns into this "resistance's little helper" character. And, being a policeman, he has acess to radio equipment and such stuff.

What do you think?

My post said from the same region, not the same island. I would consider East Timor and Tasmanian the same region.

Tasmanian Devil is Tom, Victor says it in the first cutscene that tasmanian devil is involved in, he says something like Tasmanian Devil...Tom... while talking to the two resistance guys trying to recruit him. I believe Tom is the guy who drove him into town at the very beginning.

I beleive the door gunner is right.

The island can't be THAT laiden down with British people.

Why are there so many British people living on that island? I found that odd. Anyway, I think the fact that he has a British accent tells us that he is a friend of Troskas.

. . its Tom.

The Door Gunner

. listen again  troska is correcting him,not admitting its tom tasmanian,this topic has been discussed over and on diff boards

When Victor says Tasmanian, Tom, Tasmanain, he is correcting Tom who said he was called TASDANIAN Devil...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are there so many British people living on that island? I found that odd. Anyway, I think the fact that he has a British accent tells us that he is a friend of Troskas.

.   .    its Tom.<span id='postcolor'>

They have British accent because all voices were recorded in England. Codemasters recorded them. smile.giftounge.gif

The tasmanian devil voice is quite camp, isn't it!!! Giving Englishmen a bad name smile.gif But listen very closely cos he's not dead, one of the tank drivers in the last 3 missions (I believe it's the storm the airport) has the same voice. Therefore I conclude that the Tasmanian devil KILLED the Russians who broke in, by cheesy voice acting, and then nicked a tank and got into the resistance that way biggrin.gif

I've never heard any mention of the tas devil in any cutscnese except for when gastovski came. What cutscene's are you talking about? And it seems again like a lot of you are reading too deep.

Can I also say that when the devil says "YEE-HA" that is the most annoying sound sample I've ever heard. I think the devil has a thing for Troska. Allegedly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Aug. 06 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are there so many British people living on that island? I found that odd. Anyway, I think the fact that he has a British accent tells us that he is a friend of Troskas.

.   .    its Tom.<span id='postcolor'>

They have British accent because all voices were recorded in England. Codemasters recorded them.  smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

................................................... they managed to get russian accented voices for the russians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 06 2002,13:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've never heard any mention of the tas devil in any cutscnese except for when gastovski came.  What cutscene's are you talking about?  And it seems again like a lot of you are reading too deep.<span id='postcolor'>

He pops up in just about every mission up to about half way in the campaign if I remember correctly.

I know that, but where is it that he says tom tasmanian?

I went back and looked through the sound files, he's not saying Tasman is Tom, he's talking to someone named Tom

"Victor have you been listening? Who is he, that tampanian devil?"

"Tasmanian, Tom, Tasmanian, I have no idea, but he's playing a dangerous game"

I don't think it was mentioned, but I think James mentioned working with him before.

I thought it might have been Russia before I got the game, and still do not know. What kind of accent is that he has?