Sign in to follow this  
JAP

Something i would love to see

Hey all,

A feature i greatly miss in ofp is with setting waypoints !

You can set waypoints for your teammembers by giving them orders to move/destroy etc etc.

But what i would like to have is that you can set visible waypoints for yourself !  Especialy when you re flying and need to destroy a target it would be a nice feature if you can just click on the map and you get a viewable waypoint without having to make you a waypoint string in the editor.

I mean, it s something stupid but it would make alot of difference.

I know it s not superrealistic but it would prevent alot of crashes when flying and checking map at same time  tounge.gif

And they could make it that it would be turned off in veteran mode.

What s your opinion ?

Or is this asked already, i didn t come across it at least not yet.

Cheers.

/edit : btw i read on a site that the resistance demo is V 1.77 or so. So when is next patch coming and what features/improvements will it have ? Or why is demo different version ?

I think if you have extended HUD info enabled you can actually see where U are supposed to go.

There is a yellow box that says what the order is and the distance.

Example:

Wait for others

20m

It could have something to do with the waypoint settings, like visible in cadet, always visible or never visible, but I think that is only on the map, not on your HUD.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Aug. 06 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think if you have extended HUD info enabled you can actually see where U are supposed to go.

There is a yellow box that says what the order is and the distance.

Example:

Wait for others

20m

It could have something to do with the waypoint settings, like visible in cadet, always visible or never visible, but I think that is only on the map, not on your HUD.<span id='postcolor'>

Noooo inq !

You misunderstood me.

I mean even if you play alone without ANY AI or other human controlled players, and there are no waypoints set in that mission that you still be able to make a waypoint by just selecting map and ( by some sort of radiocommand ) get a cursor click on a location somewhere on the map and you get a waypoint visible ingame with the yellow box like it would when you received an order from your officer.

I usualy make my missions without waypoints, so it would be a much apreciated feature to stop getting lost because you don t have time to look on map.

Would be cool also for making yourself an aproach waypointstring to land if you could make a few after eachother like a nice glidescope to the runway cause i hate autolandings.

Cheers

JAP

I like the idea, I crash more looking at the map than I do from hostile fire. Could probably be done with a script but something official would be nice.

Agreed. I'm working on an inhabited map, and thus there are no waypoints. Everytime I want to transport someone to a location or give CAS, I have to check the map which usually results (especially when you're in a A10) in a crash.

I m very glad i m not the only one who s been there done that biggrin.gif

But i just love missions where you need to figure out your own tactic instead of sticking to predefined wp's.

But to navigate it s much easier if you could make you own wps on the spot in the map.

This is not a patch issue or Resistance thing. It is a mission editing thing. You can easily create a waypoint at a maker that the user creates on the map.

Look closer at the in the command reference: setWPPos command.

Moving to ME smile.gif