Sign in to follow this  
Chomps

Fun resistance stories

Made a quick Night Special Ops mission, similar to the one in the 1985 campaign, where you have to use satchels to take out 2 tanks, one stationary and one patrolling nearby with a couple of foot patrols.

So I crawl towards the stationary tank, place my satchel charge, put one on the road for the patrolling one.

As I was making my way out of there through the bushes, I suddenly see 2 enemy soldiers literally inches to my right, and as I'm prone I wait with Bizon to see if they walk past.

One of them stops, so I open fire and quickly take them both down.

But then I hear the Stationary Tank's turret turn, and look in my direction.

You can imagine my heart is hammering in my chest right at that moment.

A seeming eternity passes with its Gun pointing right at me, but I remained perfectly still, hoping it wouldnt see me. Sweat pouring out of my hands.

All of a sudden, I hear a little "click" noise, and the sky explodes with light.

The tank had fired up a flare.

My heart stopped.

2 squirts from its guns and of course I'm dead.

Scared the living crap outta me that one. biggrin.gif

My funniest mission in Resistance was a

CTF where the east side had to cross the bridge to get to the flag.

I was east.

So, some cheesy ass player took his M1 Abrams and sat it on the bridge.

I think we had T72 and T80s.. the one helicopter was at the flag..

The funny thing is that all my teamates were far away at the flag.

And so were all of his teammates.

So, it was 1 on 1 Tank Warfare.

The first time I was in a T72 and he destroyed me.

But, I respawned.. :-)

I do it again and I think I went up against again in T80 and he destroyed me again.

But the third time...

my stategy was ram him and then just shoot him 'ala manual fire'

So, I use the hill to get going REAL fast. and speed across the bridge without taking a hit.

I ram him.. And here is where the funniest part comes up.

We spend a minute just shooting each other at close range.

BOOM!  BOOM!

BOOM!  BOOM!

I am pounding on the the mouse button as fast as possible.

Not double clicking, quadrupal clicking the fire button.

A full minute we are at close range slamming shells into each other.. when I hear a "CRACK!"

We somehow broke that section of bridge.

The funny part is his tank falls through the bridge and into the water.

But, mine just bounces around in the hole.

I get out! I survived!!

And start running for the flag.. I was rofl because without a vehicle it would probably take me like 10 minutes to run to the flag...  and my teammates wouldn't pick me up..

I ran for like 5 minutes and the game ended.. I didn't even make it to the flag..

Hi All,

well my best game was just today:i joined Rexxnexx's server

and played a mission he had made this morning,anyway we had to clean out a town and we both had HKG36s and so

we started sniping from the outskirts of town and he was running low on ammo so i went near him and dropped a clip,then he took it and we kept fighting and ended up finishing the mission and that was one time for me when the drop function payed off!! that was so COOL!!!

I usually suck at telling stories, but here is mine.

Yesterday I was playing The Working Mission Nogova (TWMN) that I made. I made it to the Airplane flying job and was on my 10th or so waypoint, Sector F3. In TWMN the pilot is required to stay at 300m +/- 100m during sight seeing tours. So I was in F3 heading SW, then I hit the waypoint and the next one was due N. DAMN, I lost 200m in altitude and 150km/h in speed turning around as I hit the steep incline at F3. I kept the engine at max RPM but by the time I was nearly over the peak, I was at 15m and 60km/h. That's right, in a plane. As I saw the trees whizz by I decided to bail out since this was going to end up in a big explosion. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Hahha, I jumped out (an unarmed civilian), and fell to my feet in about 0.5s, standing upright and un injured. The plane touched the ground between the trees in about 4 seconds and started rolling down the hill... Immediately I started chasing the plane down the hill.. tounge.giftounge.gif 300m later, in Sector E2, I caught up as the plane stopped and I got back inside. The tour instructor kept yelling to get upto altitude, so I started the 50% damaged plane again and took off. Completed the sight seeing tour, but at the end, I was payed -1500 for damage to the plane.

That's was funniest airplane bailout I have ever seen... you would have to see it. The guy even had a hat on (Guba) and he just jumped out onto his feet no problem without dropping it.

You may find this story boring, but its also a little funny. I played one of the missions in Resistance campaign where you ahevto destroy choppers at the airport. I attacked the airport from the sea, and unfortunately one of the pilots got into the chopper, and flew somewhere. Afetr like 5 minutes i saw a BMP coming down the airstrip, and the helicopter. I took out my AA launcher and shot down Mi-24, which crashed into the BMP! LOL you would haev to see it tounge.gif