Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

vehicle animations

Hello guys,

I am runing into some problems, I am working on animating the last parts on my vehicles. One of them are the stick and lever and pedals for pilots. After lots of search i did not find a solution to my problem. I was able to make the parts animate with no problem, but in game the pilot hand is not following the animated parts. What am i missing?

Thank you

Hello guys,

I am runing into some problems, I am working on animating the last parts on my vehicles. One of them are the stick and lever and pedals for pilots. After lots of search i did not find a solution to my problem. I was able to make the parts animate with no problem, but in game the pilot hand is not following the animated parts. What am i missing?

Thank you

In your config.cpp class CfgVehicles you need a line that tells the hand to follow the pilot stick.

driverLeftHandAnimName = "BONE";
	driverRightHandAnimName = "BONE";

The BONE part needs to be replaced with the name of whatever selection in your model.cfg skeleton corresponds to the flight stick, or whatever part of the flight controls the left or right hand is touching.

The .rtm animation you are using for the pilot also needs the following parameter in the config, inside the \class CfgMovesMaleSdr\class States\ section where your .rtm is defined:

leftHandIKCurve[] = {1};
rightHandIKCurve[] = {1};

Edited by da12thMonkey

As always my friend. Thank you, I will give that a try!

that part is also in the A3 heli sample