Sign in to follow this  
Erwin23p

A-164 wipeout laser

Hi everybody, I'm doing a mission with the A-164 and I can't find how to do it in order for the IA to use the laser targeting like in the fixed wing showcase. I tried a lot of things, but I couldn't find anything, so I looked in the games' files for the mission "Showcase Fixed wings" and found it, although when I searched for the script/thing for the laser targeting I didn't find it, I only found some weird "scripts" like "livefeed.fsm" and when I opened it it showed me that:

http://s27.postimg.org/xbpg0btw3/Arma3.png (124 kB)

Where could I find the laser targeting script for the A-164?

Is that scripting?

How the **** BI does that? :confused:

Sorry I'm a little bit noob in mission scripting. :butbut:

PS: The Fixed wing showcase is in common\Arma 3\Addons\missions_f_epc.pbo and then \showcase\Showcase_FixedWings.Altis

Have you opened up the mission folder for the mission yet? Look under the livefeed.fsm

BIS_Laser = "LaserTargetW" createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
BIS_Laser attachTo [bIS_SPG_02,[0.75,-3.50,0.90]];

What is the program you're using to read the code that way?

For the most simple solution you just have to insert this code into the initialization of the JTAC unit.

removeallweapons this;  this addmagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addweapon "Laserdesignator"; this assignItem "Laserdesignator";

Its removing all weapons of the unit to make sure he won't try to fight the vehicle, and assign the Batteries for the laser designator and the laser designator itself, the last command make sure the unit will equip the Laser designator. This should work as far as the unit has the target on sight, and if the target is an enemy vehicle except for the Quadbikes and on civilian tests.

Please be aware that i've tested it fairly quick and i'm not sure if all my information is right, if it didn't worked for you just say it and send me a PM and i'll try a more complex approach because i'm a very rusty with scripting

It's the FSMEditor MFC Application I think I've downloaded it with the BI tools.

Ho thanks a lot It works, :) But in Mp not work so good, and how to aim a target that I want?