Sign in to follow this  
DasClark

Possible Smoke Module Issue in Multiplayer

I am building a mission to train some pilots and I put down a few smoke modules to mark LZ's (they are nice because they persist whereas the smoke grenades die off). The issue is that when I play, I see all of these beautiful colums of smoke marking places to land, other people that join could not see the smoke? I thought modules were properly localized to everyone (there is no trigger or condition on the module). any thoughts?

DasClark

ps - nother small question, I cant seem to figure out how to make the smoke anything other then a deep color or a shade of grey. If I want vivid blue smoke like a smoke round would have and i put in ( 0, 0, 1) for the RGB values, it comes out a dark, desaturated blue. If you go with values greater then 1, they don't seem to get any brighter. thoughts once again?

might end up double posting here but dang, thought I did it right the first time...

Ok, so, upon further testing, it seems like it might be a JIP issues more then a locality thing. Is there a known issue for modules where they only work for players that are in mission at mission start and if so, is there a work around? Also, is there a better way to add smoke columns to a mission?

thanks again collective hive mind that is ARMA

DasClark

The color of that smoke in the Smoke module is affected by used texture (which you can't change). This unfortunately means, that you are not able to get some colors. But you can try to use module Smoke Grenade, which uses different colors and can be set to be permanent too.

That JIP issue looks like a bug. Could you please report it on Feedback Tracker? Thanks

Awesome for this, thanks. I will report the bug once I zone in on the specifics a touch more.

Das