Sign in to follow this  
svenk

Trouble with helicopters and triggers

Hey, first post here and I have a question for fellow mission designers,

I've made a small mission with an Mi-46 which is supposed to drop off the player and his team at a certain point, this is does perfectly. Then I've set the helicopter to loiter and support the player, this the helicopter does as well. Next I want the Helicopter to land on my radio signal on an invisible heli pad after it has dropped off its troops, but instead of going through the previous steps, the heli goes directly to the pad and lands there. So something must be wrong with the trigger I made, but I can't seem to find my mistake.

The trigger is connected to the loiter waypoint as well as the land on helipad waypoint, and also to the player. The radio channel is Bravo. I also use a radio command for the heli to take off whilst it stays on the airfield, that one works fine. What am I doing wrong?

39F2A0C80FD214D042550086CEAA44236765D69D

Edited by SvenK

The usage of the land command is wrong. Instead of

heli1 land "pad1"

use

heli1 land "land"

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/land

as far as I know loiter waypoints will only work if they're the last waypoint of a unit, if there's any waypoint after it choppers will skip the loiter waypoint.

A solution would be to make the loiter waypoint the last waypoint for the chopper, and once a certain condition is met make the chopper move to the helipad and then use the land command.