Sign in to follow this  
msportdan

Arma 3 vs Arma 2 aspects.

msportdan

Driving is about the same. Flying is a little easier.

AI - i could not play arma 2 without asr or other ai mods! Arma 3 i really don't see to much improvement using asr so i don't use it. I see AI taking cover, flanking, smoke and leaning behind corners to shot, a lot. And they are way more deadlier ( use Bullet_Hits mod so i can kill with only 2-3 shots). I never used bcombat so i can't tell. But IMHO arma 3 vanilla is good enough. If you see an AI and hesitate for 1-2 seconds you are dead.

Its well worth it. But takes some time to get used to the futuristic style. And more than arma 2, sound mod like speed of sound (my favorite) and JSRS is a must! Editor is somewhat easier too. And the game plays smoother than arma 2.

Edited by Grillob3

Well actually I tried with the AI. I put myself on a hill with the blufor sniperrifle(not the lynx) and an opfor squad on another hill. The range was something between 500- 700 meters.

I shot and killed the first guy directly and they reacted with a little fire. Well I killed around 5 of them before they retreated behind the hill. They fired upon me but didnt hit a single shot while I just finished them of one by one. I had no changes, no mods and I have not changed their difficulty. You sure you dont have "super AI" enabled? (also the katiba is the ingame version of the KH2002, a chinese weapon)

Thank god someone can test and report accurately rather than conjure up exagerated stories of long past firefights gone sour.

Not saying the ai are perfect cause their not, but they are much more "human" when it comes to spotting and shooting in arma 3. Key word is more. They still aren't close to human. But they are enjoyable if you fight them for what they are.

Arma 3 is worth getting imo. You could probably live with playing arma 2. But hey if you like the arma series, arma 3 is the best iteration so far. So why settle for anything less (arma 2). And things will only get better with time. Both from the development wise and mod wise.

It may not have been the perfect game everyone wanted it to be but it is definitely still a game worth buying.