Sign in to follow this  
iconoclastdx

Possible to get multiple arma.exe (steam) instances running?

(Sorry for X-post! I forgot about this forum)

I have a dedi running plus a single Arma.exe working fine. I cant figure out how to get another Arma.exe running though so that I can test MP related stuff. Or is there a brighter way of approaching this?? Thanks!

afaik each arma3.exe requires a different steam account and needsd to be run via the steam client. I don't know if its possible to run 2 steam accounts on the same pc at the same time or 2 steam client apps

Found no way of doing this, so i ended up buying another copy of Arma 3, for testing and HC purposes, and im using this on another PC on my LAN :)

As far as i was able to figure out, it needs steam and will not allow more then 1 client running.

At the same time, its "impossible" to have several steam accounts, logged in on the same PC.

I believe this was made for security reason, so each copy is only handed 1 ID, and arent allowed to run more then once at a time.

This seems unfair and insensitive of BIS. I'm trying my best to get my head around mp scripting and this is turning into a major hurdle.

Edited by IconoclastDX
Toned it down a notch.

This seems unfair and insensitive of BIS. I'm trying my best to get my head around mp scripting and this is turning into a major hurdle.

As i see it, this was an "easy fix" to the insane piracy and CD-key theft issues we had in Arma II, so i completely understand they're decision.

Although it has some drawbacks, such as this subject, i am not sure they can make more instances run, without having Steam to modify something, and i doubt they want to do that.

So i guess your only option is to buy another copy, on a different account.