Sign in to follow this  
Scourge012

Cannot Connect to Locally Hosted Dedicated Server "You Were Kicked From the Game"

Hello all,

I'm trying to host a dedicated server using the BECTI 0.97 mission to play with my friends. I am hosting it from the same computer I am attempting to play from as I don't have another tower just lying around. Mostly, I'd like the server to be up 24/7 so my friends can play the mission when I'm not around (usually, when I host using the client, I have to jet off somewhere once the mission starts getting good and we are rolling in money). I've hosted Warfare mission dedicated servers before in ArmA 2 so I'm not a total total newbie in terms of server administration. I followed the directions in the forum about setting up a server, and I had the server all port-forwarded and up and running in a jiffy...but there's a problem. I can't connect to my own dedicated server. As soon as I try to connect I get the message "You were kicked from the game." The server console window records me trying to connect, then disconnecting...there are no errors. I checked the server's .rpt and there were no errors about signature checks or anything like that (I googled the fudge out of this problem and no one has encountered this WITHOUT getting a specific error message). In fact, this is the cleanest .rpt I've ever seen.

Things I've tried:

Disabling BattlEye

Disabling all forms of Signature Check

Disabled any commands about kicking people with hacked or unsigned data

Disabled the RequireSecure ID

Re-enabling all of the above

I've tried starting the server before and after the Steam Client

I've tried launching the game before the server.

I'm really confused here. My friends cannot play at the moment...but one reported that he can indeed see the server and the ping (which wouldn't show up if the server were not portforwarded correctly, at least in my experience with ArmA 2).

Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated.

Oh and I'm using the stable branch of the game--and made sure that it matches the server version as well.

Your dedicated server - did you use the A3 dedi server files available through Steam tools or just another copy of your game?

Do you have Steam ports defined in your server.cfg? Also maybe post up your server.cfg file so I can take a look.

Check your steam_appid.txt and make sure that id in it is 107410.

You've got to be kidding me...that was it. I checked the steam_appid.txt and it was a different number. Changed it to the one you suggested and I can join and play just fine. Just for future reference...where was this information? I was truly tearing my hair out and e-mailing several people at Bohemia Interactive and none of us came up with a solution over the past few days. You are a terrific! Thanks so much, And3rs!