Sign in to follow this  
Samplethief

Boring Campaign

This isnt a "negative rant", but a little constructive feedback and I have been a fan of the series ever since OFP.......BUT does anybody else find the campaign a bit of a letdown?

The 'Survive' chapter was ok, it was kinda new and I enjoyed the new concept of meeting up at the base, having a look around then going off to start the briefing and then going off to execute the mission. I completed that and waited a couple of months for the next chapter 'Adapt', HOWEVER this is the same damn thing and every mission is practically identical. So far i am about 50% through Adapt (going on the premise that its the same length as 'Survive') and all I seem to be doing is going off to steal stuff from the enemy and then end up having to run away in retreat at the end.

I am also really disapointed to find that you are unable to play the campaign in co-op mode with a buddy over the net. We all know how easy it is to make these missions co-op, I mean, we make them ourselves in the editor. You just add another unit and make him playable, was that too much to ask???

Come on Bohemia!! You've got to be one of the most disorganised studios ever. How long have you had on this game and you cant even put together a decent set of campaign missions? Its not like the engine and editor has changed all that much from the last 3 games. I just want some interesting scenarios!!!

That said, I love the game, (largely because of the mission editor which is brilliant as always) and I will always continue to support and purchase future Arma games. Perhaps Bohemia are short on funds and have had to make cutbacks?

Edited by Samplethief

I am also really disapointed to find that you are unable to play the campaign in co-op mode with a buddy over the net. We all know how easy it is to make these missions co-op, I mean, we make them ourselves in the editor. You just add another unit and make him playable, was that too much to ask???

It's not that simple when it comes to scripting

I think the campaign is good in general, but with some flaws.

1. No civilians at all, which doesn't make sense as the campaign was fought from guerrilla point of view. (Guerrilla force can not survive without support from the people)

It's only we, them and animals so far.

In Arma2 there were a lot of missions require player to interact with local civilians.

2. The mission design is too linear to me, mission performance and side missions should have impact on the story.

Again, in Arma2, how you play the mission could affect the story. We actually had 6 different endings depends on the choice and performance.

3. I don't like playing side mission as solo fighter, I wish they put a buddy to help you.