Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Mission Title?

I must be being really stupid - but when I export my mission from the editor to the scenario menu, the title of the mission is the default title of the .pbo - for example, My_Mission.Stratis. I've defined the mission name in the description.ext and on the title section of the in-editor screen (where you set the time, date, etc.). Where on earth am I going wrong? I know I can change the name of the file by going through my 'Missions' folder, but how do I make it so it displays the title for other people in the scenario selection screen? I hope that makes sense! :-)

Not sure about the actual reason for this, but have you tried defining the title only in the in-game Description or in the .ext?

Maybe defining it it both causes some sort of "conflict".

The mission name you changing in description.exe and into editor won't change the name of the mission folder, that is the one being read by the game. Maybe just rename the .pbo file by "going through my 'Missions' folder" as you said, restart arma, and the mission will have the right name on it. Do you have a setup file into your mission?

It's quite easy. Open up the intel menu in the editor (top bar, where you can also set the weather) and type the mission title into the name field. After exporting, it will show the correct name under scenarios.

OnLoadName in the description is -as it says- the title that is shown in the loading screen.

EDIT: Sorry, totally missed that you tried this already. Maybe you just had it in the wrong editor section? For instance in "Intro" instead of "Mission"?

Edited by IndeedPete

Thanks guys, I'll take another look and see if I've goofed up somewhere! :-) Which is normally the case!

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Surprise, surprise. I goofed up. God, let me just take this moment to say, 'I really appreciate your patience and help'! The title has to be defined in the in-game editor screen as you all kindly pointed out. I thought I had it in there, but I didn't!