Sign in to follow this  
shifftie

Server side question

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I was wondering if it was possible to allow certain mods on my server I.e units and weapons without installing the mod folders on the server?

Hi, Not really possible, if a mission has units, or weapons from a mod in it then the server also requires it, offhand I dont know if there

is any type of scripting that can bypass that but i dont see any issue or harm for having mods on the server, other then maybe mods doing similar to the same thing,

or a mod that isn't stable and may crash the game or server.

I don't think I explained that right. Basically I want be adding any new units to the mission I just would like to allow certain mods without installing the mod folders to the root server directory. So say a player joins that uses the gun rest script or the weapons adding. If I put the biker key in the server directory would it allow them to play and use the features?

Gameplay mods work without them being on the server, such mods as you suggested the weaponresting dont need to be on the server, you dont need the bikey either,

i use that mod btw and I have no issues with it when i join my own server (gameserver i rent) and see the features.

Also said a mission with a mod's assets in it will require that mod to be on the server.

For the future your thread here belongs in the server and administration section, if your discussing servers and administrating it.

I seem to not be able to join mine with weaponresting?? do i need to so something to the configs?

The Best Thing to do would be to just get the mod server side on its own, make a pbo out of the mod and add that to other mods you may have.

If you would like clients to be able to join the server without having that mod there's two ways of doing this.

#1 - Through the Server.cfg, change verifiysignatures to 0 or 1 instead of 2 ( This way is really not recommended as it also allows hackers onto the server because the files are not signed )

#2- The way i listed above 1. Get the mods server side only, add what you need to the mission file then in init/sqf say > call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "modfoldername\init.sqf" > then in the init.sqf in the server side mod you add whatever script you need to call.

Hope this helps.

Best Of Luck,

Stephen.