Sign in to follow this  
Azz -GUN-

As thick as two short planks.

Im on everon doing that multiplayer co-op hostage rescue so im sneaking up to enemy base from west everyone is on hold fire and i spot out some enemys i order my mortar man to load a mortar up...

and target one....i give the fire command...he just sits there im under 400m to the enemy about 350m i would think...

i order fire again still nothing...I then order him to open fire...

and what does he do.... he just lies there like a idiot.

so i tell him to engage.... he flanks them runs over 500m away in some woods then runs straight up to that dammned house in the middle and gets shot....without firing once i may add.

then brining on a BMP and T72 firing on my squad up on the hill everyone died....

what's the range on a rifle mortar and AI Because i know i could of easily made the shot. from the hill my squad was on.

First reveal target, then give him a target 'soldier" command

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Azz [GUN] @ Sep. 08 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what's the range on a rifle mortar and AI<span id='postcolor'>

Range seems to depend on AI skill. Try to crawl closer with the AI mortarman in formation without giving a direct engage order. Sooner or later he'll fire.

Dunno about effective ranges of rifle launched mortars IRL, but I know I'd never be able to hit anything at 350-400m in OFP with a mortar.

400-420 seems to be the max on flat terrain for mortars. That's the max distance, after that, hitting the target is another story wink.gif

Grenade launchers seems to hit at max 300-310 m.

And AI seems to see the ennemy enough to fire at him at max 150m biggrin.gif (jk, not tested).