Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

A suggestion for BI (No this isn't another ranting thread)

Once you launch Stage 3 of the campaign and get what you want done, I would recommend releasing a pack to the public (or possibly even now for MANW ;)) including templates for some of the stuff like vehicles and clothing. It'd help modders with retextures. From all the different textures of the same unit I've seen (Panther is a good example), they all look the same. Ex. Same grime, same accessories. I honestly hope you do this at least for some of the harder to retexture vehicles (like the AAF vehicles). It's of course up to you but I bet a lot of modders would appreciate it. :D

The units probably all have the same grime and stuff because people don't want to create new specular and normal maps (I don't know if grime shows up in the normals, but if it does, it might create a legitimate problem) for their retextures. Templates aren't really going to help with that. I guess maybe stitching.

Also - and I know someone is going to be upset with me for saying this - don't we have enough retextures? It's easily the lowest effort modification you can do. How many copies of the exact same uniform or vehicle in different colors do we need?

What about no? This game is nearly unplayable now, they shouldn't add more stuff, just optimize this game. Make it playable, and enjoyable!

What about no? This game is nearly unplayable now, they shouldn't add more stuff, just optimize this game. Make it playable, and enjoyable!

Way to hijack a thread buddy...

There are plenty of threads talking about fps etc, please don't derail this one.