Sign in to follow this  
Grey Wolf

Island help

I need help my map i made with terragen and the edited it with Wilber and when i put it in Wrp editor there is no height which i set in wilber and i cant transferr it to it to opf......PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gifconfused.gif

I assume you have read some of the tutorials on this?

What do you mean you can't transfer it to OFP, do you mean it makes OFP crash? What exactly happens?

Please give more details of what happens, as it is pretty hard to help otherwise.

Edit, this would be better suited to the Addons and Mods forums. You will get more help there.

RED

i cant get it to pop up in the mission editor and the terrain i cant get to what i set in wilber it is confusing the hell out of me

mad.gif

1.) Read this for basic import-tactics.  wink.gif

2.) Propably the size of your map (should be: 256x256) is incorrect in Wilbur (e.g. 257*256). To fix this, just save the map as an image (.bmp), change the size with a drawing program to 256*256 and re-import this picture into Wilbur.

3.) In WrpEdit, select all height fields and use the "scale"-function of WrpEdit. Wilbur reduces the range of your height values. A scaling value of 5..10 should re-produce your desired landscape.

4.) Write a config.cpp and stuff it together with your .wrp-file. The official island classes can be found here. You can also download my island "rennstrecke002" here. DePBO it and analyze it. biggrin.gif

5.) One fix for "rennstrecke002": The town name definitions must be placed inside the island's class, otherwise they will not appear ingame...

6.) You can edit the licence plates of the cars on your island with the following class fields (taken from the Everon class):

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

plateFormat="ER$ ## - ##";

plateLetters="ABCDEFHIKLMOPRSTVXYZ";

<span id='postcolor'>

# is a placeholder for a random number,

$ is a placeholder for a random letter (defined in plateLetters).

Examples for Everon licence plates:

"ERA 12 -34"

"ERB 56 - 78"

Happy coding, and my the source be with you wink.gif

Sorry i cant still get it to work the terrain still is not working and i cant select it in the mission editor, the hightfield is not workingto what i set it to in wilbur.... confused.gifsad.gif I cant still get it to work Please help me. and please explain........ biggrin.gif

Did you set the Min, Mid, Max fields under the landscape tab? Try using something like -36 Min, 0 Mid, and 600 Max then click on refresh after you input values to the fields.

Nope it still is allmost flat it is just the slightest hilly but still not set to what i had in wilbur mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif