Sign in to follow this  
519Sanel519

Kryptek Camouflage Family

Kryptek Camouflage Family

This is something that started for the Task Force Mohegan Community. My good friend and fellow member OutSyder made the first high quality Highlander Kryptek, following that quality, I have made the following.

My overall goal is to insure that the Camo pattern is properly applied and not just blanketed across the uniform and gear crossing seams in an unrealistic way. Each camo has over 40-50 layers, like in real life, where each stitch is applied, I have started a new camo layer.

This work is not yet complete and will include all items like, hats, helmets, and vests.

This is the Uniform only!

Kryptek Autumn (my own custom camo) [Perfect for Chernarus]

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/7148/0468.png (1933 kB)

------------

Kryptek Mandrake [Perfect for Woodland areas]

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/6194/yxel.png (1697 kB)

------------

Kryptek Typhoon [Perfect for night time operations]

http://imageshack.com/a/img198/4552/2i9z.png (1453 kB)

0468.png2i9z.pngyxel.png

---------------------

Helmets, Hats, Berets, Plate Carriers to come!

Thanks,

519Sanel519

Archer

VERY nice looking stuff! Any planned target date for a first release to look forward to?

the Autumn version reminds me of Nomad version

The Nomad was made for desert environments, the autumn one is very red, brown, and yellow in game. If anything it's more to Highlander, as Nomad uses all sand colours.

Good looking camos - good job.

Good luck with the tests!

Cheers

McLupo

Thank you for the high attention to detail on these.

Can i ask how you worked out to actually have a "full size" pattern of any Kryptek product? Did you partially rebuild parts in order to have a big enough source image or did you use any other technique to do so.

I am asking because i am trying to generate a larger scale base Camo-texture of a different, yet similar pattern.

On another note, 40-50 layers are nothing. Once you get to the Vests you are looking at almost 100 and beyond - so better brace yourself ^^

Thank you for the high attention to detail on these.

Can i ask how you worked out to actually have a "full size" pattern of any Kryptek product? Did you partially rebuild parts in order to have a big enough source image or did you use any other technique to do so.

I am asking because i am trying to generate a larger scale base Camo-texture of a different, yet similar pattern.

On another note, 40-50 layers are nothing. Once you get to the Vests you are looking at almost 100 and beyond - so better brace yourself ^^

As you may know for Kryptek where is nothing good out there for images, so I had to put my own together using whatever I could find. Even with the larger images you cant just put 3-4 of them together, it would make the pattern look unrealistic, so I had to carefully put together what I could in the most realistic way possible.

I think now that I have this image pattern I made, it should be easier considering that vests and helmets use much smaller patterns. As for the uniforms, as long as you don't just apply an image over the whole thing, you can put an image together that can cover each stitched layer.

If you let me know what pattern your working on, I may have some, after this project, I'm going to start some Ghost Tex

As you may know for Kryptek where is nothing good out there for images, so I had to put my own together using whatever I could find. Even with the larger images you cant just put 3-4 of them together, it would make the pattern look unrealistic, so I had to carefully put together what I could in the most realistic way possible.

I think now that I have this image pattern I made, it should be easier considering that vests and helmets use much smaller patterns. As for the uniforms, as long as you don't just apply an image over the whole thing, you can put an image together that can cover each stitched layer.

If you let me know what pattern your working on, I may have some, after this project, I'm going to start some Ghost Tex

Even though i do not want to (rather ram a rusty nail trough my retina) i need to get a proper looking wide scaled Multicam Texture to work with. There is about 2-3 in total that i can find, but none really do work for repeating patterns or several uniform sets without beeing the same if you take a closer look. I could surely turn and bend the camo but that would destroy the camo effect since MC is one of the newer camos, just like kryptek, that use computer generated algorythems in order to create a blend in effect with surrounding on distance and in transitional movement. I was hoping for a magical trick you might have came to pick up ^^. The pixelated newer patterns are fine as i can "simply" retrace them as a vector image in order to achive a high quallity 1:1 reallife pattern but the gradients inside the MC and other patterns just seem to knock me out completly when it comes to attempted recreation.