Sign in to follow this  
coolts

Adapt: Exit strategy, Saves disabled

For some reason, after the initial rendezvous, the save option is greyed out. This mission is pretty difficult, but having to do it all "in a one-er" makes it infuriating.

Is this a temporary measure as saves are bugged in this mission or is this a new "feature" to make the game even harder?

Being able to save whenever i want is a key part of sandbox game-play as it encourages experimentation rather then hiding behind a rock for 1/2 an hour scared to take chances.

Only the easiest difficulty level has unlimited saves. You can change this in your difficulty settings.

If you don't want to restart your current mission, here's a little workaround: Delete or move your save game file from your save game folder to somewhere else. You should find it in Documents->Arma3->...

If you do this, you can save again.

Since when? I always play on default usually and have never had this problem before. I don't want to fight chickens but don't want console checkpoint saves either.

I will try your hack. What a palaver.

I guess this was changed way back in beta. But take a look at the difficulty settings, you can customize those.

I can't check right now, but I think you can enable unlimited saves for the default settings.

Thanks Zimms. I will try later. I've been in since the alpha & beta and played through the first campaign chapter saving away happily, (usually before I try something 'creative'). This is the first time I have noticed this. Weird.

I just tried it. You can even change to unlimited saving during a mission, so no restarting required :)

That's cool. There's nothing worse that spending ages setting up the perfect ambush, then realising you have to go to work! And cant save!!!!

The game is automatically saved upon aborting a mission.